SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas >

SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Notices

SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Old 10-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by copiercat
justin analized mine and never said nothing about what happened, they just said a new one was shipping out,i had put a brand new oil pump on the motor "just because," im taking it off and going to run pre-mix from now on. i know they have a No-Fault warranty even if you didnt have any oil in it, which is not bad for a company to honor but i have heard of crappy builds that dont last from them from my local dealer as they dont use sbt anymore for the same reasons your stating
sounds like premix is the way to go but with 4 boyz i can see them forgetting to put in MIX...thnx for your help
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We install sbt motors all the time, never had any problems. But, we don't deal in sea-screws just yamaha. Prob 100 or more over the last couple of years never had a problem. We always use the oil block off set up. The most expensive is $1100 labor but, thats with carb and power valve work.

P.S. we've been selling honda's since 2002 and haven't seen any problems other than simple stuff.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered

One of mine is pre mix only and the other two have pumps but I still put in a qt. of Motul 800t oil in the tank every fill up. and I have no plug fouling problems.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
One of mine is pre mix only and the other two have pumps but I still put in a qt. of Motul 800t oil in the tank every fill up. and I have no plug fouling problems.
sounds great i'll have them leave the pump and premix also
thnx for the help
Old 10-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Registered

i would not get rid of the oil injection system. the only problem i have ever seen with them is the clear plastic hoses break and you starve the engine of oil. but, with a new engine in you should have new hoses. it sounds to me like the guy you had do it the first time didnt know what he was doing and missed some crucial points, one being bleeding the oil injection system and another would be adjusting the oil pumps ratio. timing on a seadoo is not adjustable so he didnt mess that up. i have installed many sbt engines and have not had one problem. i know we did send one back, but the customer had tried installing it himself. As much as it sucks having to pay the labor for another one, you should have been informed that right away.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered

Default 951

as a dealer i have talked to a few people who have got cracked motors from sbt...and havent ever really heard to many good things about them...i do deal with them myself and have only purchased 1 motor so far...the ski has many other problems so havent checked motor out yet. I will be ordering more from them soon...to much oil could cause it to not run right but it sounds like the dealer did something wrong to me....and im doing a 951 as we speak and yes it does have a counter balance inside that has to be timed
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Registered

i am kind of new to the waverunner industry all though we have worked on many already....if u check some other forums there is a guy they call the 951 guy cause thats all he does...cant think of his name at moment but he can answer any and every 951 question u have...he knows his stuff
or you can email us and i am not a mechanic myself but can generally diagnose problems quick and i do it often on skis and motorcycles so we can try to help u out....im working on about 6 seadoos 2 yamahas 2 polaris and 2 yamahas right now so i may be able to help you while im doing these
Old 02-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Registered

and i can get you parts and may have some if you need them [email protected] is email or just drop the sales and thats my website.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by avantisps.com
i am kind of new to the waverunner industry all though we have worked on many already....if u check some other forums there is a guy they call the 951 guy cause thats all he does...cant think of his name at moment but he can answer any and every 951 question u have...he knows his stuff
or you can email us and i am not a mechanic myself but can generally diagnose problems quick and i do it often on skis and motorcycles so we can try to help u out....im working on about 6 seadoos 2 yamahas 2 polaris and 2 yamahas right now so i may be able to help you while im doing these
Welcome to the board, and 6 years ago.

SBT? Been there, done that.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
any ideas guys ????
sell the f'ing thing!

Quick Reply: SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.