Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Books (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/170682-books.html)

rainmn 10-09-2007 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 2300905)
F311fr1- what is Blue thunder about? Thanks to the both of you!

The rest of the cover of Blue Thunder reads: "How the mafia owned and finally murdered Cigarette boat king Don Aronow." That should give you a pretty good idea.

bouyhunter 10-09-2007 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn (Post 2301009)
The rest of the cover of Blue Thunder reads: "How the mafia owned and finally murdered Cigarette boat king Don Aronow." That should give you a pretty good idea.

I haven't done search yet, but do you know if it is still inprint/available??

rainmn 10-09-2007 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2301045)
I haven't done search yet, but do you know if it is still inprint/available??

I don't think so. I found it used on Amazon several years ago, and I think I paid about 100 bucks back then for it.

Robingo 11-13-2007 11:59 PM

I have finished writing and am pitching a book about Ben Kramer at Apache, including the failed prison break of which I was a part. The more responses I get, either good or bad, will help me convince a publisher there is a market for my story.

thisistank 11-14-2007 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Robingo (Post 2335101)
I have finished writing and am pitching a book about Ben Kramer at Apache, including the failed prison break of which I was a part. The more responses I get, either good or bad, will help me convince a publisher there is a market for my story.

So are you trying to say you should also be in prison for conspiracy to aide a felon in escape???

Who have you pitched your book to?

bouyhunter 11-14-2007 07:40 AM

I'd be interested in the book.

CigDaze 11-14-2007 07:46 AM

including the failed prison break of which I was a part

Interesting.

Robingo 11-14-2007 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2335107)
So are you trying to say you should also be in prison for conspiracy to aide a felon in escape???

Who have you pitched your book to?

I'm not suggesting I should have, I did three years, and was released on parole. I got off parole after five years.
The book has been written. Now I'm finishing up a query letter to send out. I'm using Jeff Herman's "Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, & Literary Agents" to help me market it.
My favorite book, and I believe the most accurate,is Jay Arthur Harris's "Speed Kills" He uses some of the same coart transcipts I use, which are the Charlie Podesta files. Charlie gave everybody up.
Thomas Budick wrote "Blue Thunder", Micheal Aronow wrote "King of Thunderboat Row"

excalibur32 11-15-2007 07:03 AM

were you the pilot??????

klaw 11-15-2007 08:35 AM

wow this should be a great story I emember reading about the break out attempt in the newspapers