Why Apache are so expensive?

Notices

Why Apache are so expensive?

Old 10-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I got a ride in the 1st OL 37 RACE BOAT, running off of cape cod in the winter, I thought it rode better than the cigs,fountians and formulas that I have been in, whats the beam on the 36, 41, 47 apache just wondering.ps after running around for awhile we jumped the wake of the MV ferry smooth landing
One nice thing about my years as a marine mechinic is I had the opportunity to "test drive" a lot of different boats..... Not all of them but a lot of them.

Bottom line (for me), the 41 Apache rode much nicer than the 42' OL, albeit slower but at equal speeds there's a noticable difference in ride comfort (80s tech vs. 00's tech). My 36' runs nicer than the 37' OL, they pound at slower speeds, gotta keep it over 65-70 to smooth it out....

"For me" (not everyone else), I paid for the "ride quality", not the fastest boat.

Lucy, thanks for the pics!!!! We'll do it all again next summer!
Attached Thumbnails Why Apache are so expensive?-img_0817.jpg   Why Apache are so expensive?-img_0816.jpg   Why Apache are so expensive?-img_0814.jpg  

Last edited by Panther; 10-24-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
Can someone TRY to explain or even convince me why APACHE are so expensive, WHY???

because some proceeds fund the....

http://www.crazyhorse.org/

Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I can see here were the 33 got its wide strakes from.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...php?photo=1914

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...php?photo=1909

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...php?photo=1875

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...php?photo=1853
Old 10-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Registered

Oh Boy -
Another apache thread right down the $hitter!
Funny stuff you guys...very impressive...

For what it's worth I believe the relationship between James Caan and Apache was through Bobby S. ... Benny was tight with Sammy Davis Jr.

And, no disrespect intended, but were Cigarette's built by Craig Barry better than those built by Skip Braver...I mean after all, Craig raced them, didn't he ? Just trying to follow some of the misguided logic ????

Alot of ground covered, but no talk of the New-Tech Apache's with the steps ? Pretty big to just sweep under the rug ...

I've said this before- "the sum of MANY parts"
To downplay any of the three principal players in this decades old soap opera is just not nice. All three crawled around in Bilges and contributed.
Magnum Mark knows...He was there!
Give credit where credit is due...Any of you guys capable of building boats while the Feds are busy crawling up your a$$ with a microscope ???

And an honorable mention goes to :
"The Dog"
Timmy "bones" Moran(tell him he "stole" his rigging secrets from Bobby Moore)
Bobby Shanblatt
Gail Paik
Tom Evans
and the countless other craftsmen that turned peoples pipe dreams into reality.

Oh, and before it comes up, I don't own an Apache because I cannot afford one...but if I could I would.

Last edited by rockstrmkr; 10-24-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by later
.....I'm curious in the cabin plans if it includes a more accessible entry. im also curious as to what that boat weighs.

later
Dave Hughes
The cabin plans do involve cutting the dash to make cabin access easier. When it is closed up the dash will look just like it does now. There will be a regular door instead of the zippered vinyl flap and the dash area above the door will be hinged so it will open up. That is the initial thought anyway. Stepping down into the cabin there will be an enclosed head to the right (under the dash) with a covergirl style 1/2 cabin consisting of two simple, facing sofas. No berth in the bow, just the sofas. If this goes as planned we will also install a generator and AC. The layout would be something like the cabin in these pics from their web site, but not as fancy and without the forward berth.

As for the weight of the boat right now, we figure that it's between 13K and 14K pounds.
Attached Thumbnails Why Apache are so expensive?-123.jpg   Why Apache are so expensive?-124.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 10-24-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:56 PM
BRD
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
The cabin plans do involve cutting the dash to make cabin access easier. When it is closed up the dash will look just like it does now. There will be a regular door instead of the zippered vinyl flap and the dash area above the door will be hinged so it will open up. That is the initial thought anyway. Stepping down into the cabin there will be an enclosed head to the right (under the dash) with a covergirl style 1/2 cabin consisting of two simple, facing sofas. No birth in the bow, just the sofas. If this goes as planned we will also install a generator and AC.

As for the weight of the boat right now, we figure that it's between 13K and 14K pounds.
Will,
I would think twice about cutting the doorway hatch into the dash ... there is a lot of the structural support in that area of the deck believe it or not ... anything you take out of there will weaken the deck .... even deck hatches take away from your deck's strength and stiffnes . Maybe check with MM or BS depending on who the experts say really built your boat?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
BRD
Registered

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Oh Boy -
Another apache thread right down the $hitter!
Funny stuff you guys...very impressive...

For what it's worth I believe the relationship between James Caan and Apache was through Bobby S. ... Benny was tight with Sammy Davis Jr.

And, no disrespect intended, but were Cigarette's built by Craig Barry better than those built by Skip Braver...I mean after all, Craig raced them, didn't he ? Just trying to follow some of the misguided logic ????

Alot of ground covered, but no talk of the Nu-Era Apache's with the steps ? Pretty big to just sweep under the rug ...

I've said this before- "the sum of MANY parts"
To downplay any of the three principal players in this decades old soap opera is just not nice. All three crawled around in Bilges and contributed.
Magnum Mark knows...He was there!
Give credit where credit is due...Any of you guys capable of building boats while the Feds are busy crawling up your a$$ with a microscope ???

And an honorable mention goes to :
"The Dog"
Timmy "bones" Moran(tell him he "stole" his rigging secrets from Bobby Moore)
Bobby Shanblatt
Gail Paik
Tom Evans
and the countless other craftsmen that turned peoples pipe dreams into reality.

Oh, and before it comes up, I don't own an Apache because I cannot afford one...but if I could I would.
Hans ... haven't we been down this road before somewhere ?
What was that Yogi Berra said again ?
Hope to see ya down there somewhere !
JM
Old 10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Registered

Hi Jerry !
I was hoping you would jump in...DeJa Vu for sure !

Bring "Clifford" down for the fun run in December ..

Look foward to seeing you and talking some $hit!
It's clearly what I do best

See you soon,
Hans
Old 10-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personaly I would like to thank all those involved with the construction and riging of my Apache that worked at Race Headquartes back in 83 and any others involved.

Last edited by turbo2256b; 10-24-2007 at 09:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Why Apache are so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.