Why Apache are so expensive? >

Why Apache are so expensive?

Notices

Why Apache are so expensive?

Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
then, I guess we could say, according to what I've heard and know, that compared to other boats, an Apache rides smooth in rough water, just like a Formula compared to other performance brand. It's just that the Apache is a notch above all! Right?
depends who you ask........its just a boat..nothing more nothing less.....plastic and shinny metal......long time apache owner/ operator........m.m....
Old 10-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boats were made to race off-shore, not in-shore. They were made heavy to take the rough stuff. They definately are not anywhere as fast as the new stuff, but let's see how long the newer boats stick together. Yes, you get what you pay for
Old 10-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I think there should be a new post..... Why are OuterLimits $1M boats and why does mercury charge so much for their 850 sci's......

Because there are people who are willing to pay.....
Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
I think there should be a new post..... Why are OuterLimits $1M boats and why does mercury charge so much for their 850 sci's......

Because there are people who are willing to pay.....
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding....we have a winner!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Most weekends when I go to Claudios ( on the water restaurant for those unfamiliar ) I'm the only Apache there...plenty of Fountains, Cigs, etc. Invariably tons of people come over and ask about the boat...its not something you see everyday....there's lots of history and unless you've owned one, or actually ridden in one, its hard to understand the cache....BTW - I don't think I'd use the word " stupidity ". I can think of lots of prices, paint jobs, interiors, etc. I'd call stupid first
Old 10-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

I raced a Bad A-$ Apache "Tweet REVENGE " in 1992-1993 and sold it quickly in 1994 for less than it,s selling for Now !!It took over $650k ot build in 1992 and over 6 months ,we sold it for only $ 275 k and at the time we were glad it even sold . Now over 15 years later it,s worth more $.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe it's the weakening of the U.S. Dollar.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a smaller new boat with some fancy factory paint added some custom paint on it becides. Most looked at the boat and said "I like the paint" or "nice boat super paint.
The Appache has a rather frugal paint job done well. No logo but people ask about the boat most know not what it is but comments like "wow thats a big boat" thats a nice boat what is it", people that care less about go fasts. There are bigger and smaller vesseles around me faster, faster looking but they seem drawn to the boat. Its not even the name it goes beyond that. Its the lines, the design, the shape of the hull bottom. Its difficult to take your eyes away from it if you know a thing about a well designed hull or not.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch

In addition to the apache heritage and history it was the safety associated with rough water that got me to really lookin at Apaches.
Don Aronow had two Ideas which he never skimped on..one was Build the hulls always Strong.
The other one was to keep them boats seaworthy=Safe to any customer..guess BobbyS and all who worked with Don kept to that.

Who cares about a fast XXXX (fill your favourite here) or buys one if it´s not safe which "any" Aronow heritage is... just think about it..Apaches, Cigs,XII´s, Formulas...?

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-15-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
I am guessing the same thing would be said about many of the collector cars. Is the Apache the only boat that commands the big dollars?
Actually not...the forefathers/anything with a racing pedigree, like Magnum27/28´s, Cig 35 Mistress, (especially Miami Vice edition) KV Scarabs and Larry Smiths etc all have an inflated asking price usually.
What is the price to get them sold is another thing.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-15-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Why Apache are so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.