Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why Apache are so expensive? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/170981-why-apache-so-expensive.html)

Panther 10-15-2007 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN (Post 2306500)
Well OlīShel also makes glassfiberbodied "Shelbys" with CSX VIN prefixes...and the thruth be told the First with engines and the works was AC assembling one.
Shelby was a kitcar maker right from the start.... If you want an original you get a AC Cobra.

thanks for correcting me and further making my point... :ernaehrung004:

XtremePowerboats.com 10-15-2007 09:13 PM

Lets not forget Pizza Pizza,Kid apache ,Chunky express,inxs & Tweet Revenge all racing at the same time !Talking about kool,seeing all big vee bottom apache,sflying thru the ocean at the same time.

OL40SVX 10-15-2007 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by XtremePowerboats.com (Post 2306896)
Lets not forget Pizza Pizza,Kid apache ,Chunky express,inxs & Tweet Revenge all racing at the same time !Talking about kool,seeing all big vee bottom apache,sflying thru the ocean at the same time.

Yea that is cool Larry. I wish I was around to see it. Do you ever miss running the big vee's?? I wish we'd had a big Apache in some of the water we've been stuck in. Awesome boats!!!

TrippM 10-16-2007 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN (Post 2306314)
I agree a Pontiac GTO is nice...got a 65 Gransport conv. in the garage waiting for restoration :)
But itīs 2yrs older than me!

A 65 Corvette Gran Sport?

Queenie 10-16-2007 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN (Post 2306612)
Seems Rob hasnīt taken the Apache to itīs limits yet and has been nice to you :D

No, he hasn't taken it to the limit yet because we didnt' go out in big water. There's a lot to learn with that, so we took on some 2 to 4's and 3 to 5's and want to try to ease into it.

We've only owned the boat less than two months. Next season (now that's she's out for the winter) we'll push her a little more, and a little more. :D

Panther 10-16-2007 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by rastinger (Post 2307126)
No, he hasn't taken it to the limit yet because we didnt' go out in big water. There's a lot to learn with that, so we took on some 2 to 4's and 3 to 5's and want to try to ease into it.

We've only owned the boat less than two months. Next season (now that's she's out for the winter) we'll push her a little more, and a little more. :D

don't worry, I ran WOT only once this year.... :hitfan: Never ran above 4500 the entire season, didn't need to....:cool-smiley-026: We had a great time either way!:cool-smiley-011: The irony of it all is nothing major broke all season.... ;)

Queenie 10-16-2007 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2307142)
don't worry, I ran WOT only once this year.... :hitfan: Never ran above 4500 the entire season, didn't need to....:cool-smiley-026: We had a great time either way!:cool-smiley-011: The irony of it all is nothing major broke all season....

We ran WOT several times, but not for more than a minute. We did see 5300 a few times and she was still wanting to go, we just didn't want to break! :p

She loves to see 60 and 65, which is between 3600 and 4200 for us depending on which props we were using. We have a set of 17 x 28's and 17.5 x 31's (the later being labbed).

3000 is borning, but 3600 and over is too much fun!

By the way Panther, getting much sleep these days? :p How's that sweet little baby girl doing?

baywatch 10-16-2007 08:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm with you two. I only opened mine up once and I rarely run over 4,000 rpms. Most the time my kid falls asleep when we are running so I keep it between 3,000 and 3500 rpms.

Aside from a pesky electrical annoyance I didn't break anything either. As of last weekend I had 78 hours for the season and all I did was put fuel in her and change the oil and filters.

Panther 10-16-2007 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rastinger (Post 2307162)
By the way Panther, getting much sleep these days? :p How's that sweet little baby girl doing?

Thanks for asking, she's doing great!!! So far it has been a lot easier than I was expecting.

Jodie, god bless her, gets a lot less sleep than I do... :D But mom and Ashley are doing well!

Queenie 10-16-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2307187)
Thanks for asking, she's doing great!!! So far it has been a lot easier than I was expecting.

Jodie, god bless her, gets a lot less sleep than I do... :D But mom and Ashley are doing well!

Glad to hear mom and Ashley are doing well. When she approaches the 6 to 8 week time period it will get easier and easier as far as sleep goes....well, hopefully! :p