Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this one?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ_gm9XSEWE
Old 10-22-2007, 11:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
I think you have misunderstood the actual facts. Exactly which boat did Mr. Saccenti build? He raced in a 41,and there is some cool videos showing him running the boat flawlessly, but still, I do not think he built it, and if he did, that was the only one. Mr. McManus was the man behind the success of the Apache brand and introduced the wild and tricked out Apaches that made the brand popular.
Where? Bob Saccenti and all the people who were there.

I'm not sure where you get your information from but as recently as last June you weren't even aware that Mark McManus was still in the boat business...
So, anyone know what happened to Chief? I thought this boat is awesome and since Apache isn't in business, this would be a sure thing. Or is Cigarette got that market?

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 10-22-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
You misunderstood my point...
On purpose (like the devil reading the bible)...

With the offshoreboat business/racing being still in itīs infancy/minority I understand your point.
Not so with auto racing..there a engineer / crew chiefs etc have their positions....and the mechanics and drivers their own. Also they rely mostly on measured data not just how it feels, like boat builders even to this day.
Iīd say blow boat racing is using more data in their tuning than anyone regarding boats.

And I think regarding racing you canīt be a fix it all.
I thought I was once one but Iīll stick to wrenching.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-23-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Registered

I think you have misunderstood the actual facts. Exactly which boat did Mr. Saccenti build? He raced in a 41,and there is some cool videos showing him running the boat flawlessly, but still, I do not think he built it, and if he did, that was the only one. Mr. McManus was the man behind the success of the Apache brand and introduced the wild and tricked out Apaches that made the brand popular.
And I think you havenīt done your homework or have a hard time understanding what you read from reading at your replyīs...

Even I here up and far northeast KNOW that Bobby S built the first Apache of them all, using the Squadron XII 39 mold.
The red hull white deck boat with Squadron logos and Apache written on the sides raced by Jerry Kilpatrick and throttled by...Bobby S.
He also built at least the first 41 (Warpath) how much Don was involved we can only guess but being so close Iīd say a Lot.

Like the man said himself even here on OSO ..he didnīt have the 41 hull ready in time and had to use a Cig 39 mold which he also states that the particular boat rode rougher because of the wider strakes compared to a Cigarette 39 and A Squadron 39 had those wider strakes.
But looking at a regular Squadron XII 39, Kilpatricks Apache has raised gunnel's so the deck is different so itīs an Apache.
Where is it now??

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-23-2007 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
When I think of Mr Apache, I think of Ben Kramer.
Unfortunately, when I think of the murder of Don Aronow, I also think of Ben Kramer.
Amen.
But the Brains behind Apache was Bobby S, Mark M and Don Aronow.
Ben just provided the money and LISTENED as a schoolboy should.
In the end he didnīt like being in that position and all went ****creek and McManus being the optimist he is tried to save the tribe which will never be the same.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-23-2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
After reading this, and I have to admit its been a good time I looked around the classifieds and they really arn't priced much higher than most of the others when you look at the hardware involved.
Yiiihaaaa...someone else has also seen the light!
Being a tinkerer like I am and part of the hobby for me is to get my hands dirty I like to look at projects and therefore comparing Apaches to others.
They ainīt for the hardware/materials included and the performance that comes with it priced hard but realistic IMO.
Despite where can you buy a similar sized 90+mph boat for 250K or less if not an old Apache (racer) or easier, the upkeep and running is then another thing.
The hard way would be to look for/build a boat with surface drives or another race boat and not be sure the project would turn out good...
At least thereīs a lot of Info about rigging Apaches right here, try that with a Larry Smith 377 or a Formula with Kaama/ASDīs
IMO those are on also on top of the food chain (and my wish list).

Iīm sure this Iīm telling wonīt bump the prices of old projects as not many are capable of pulling them together.
Iīm not that sure about myself either but I have a dream...someday A big rooster tail will follow me And Iīll be proud as a Cock.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:03 AM

Old 10-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Wink

Cool photo thanks!!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Chris, stole this one from your album...

Another beauty...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...6&d=1189518063

Last edited by Panther; 10-23-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Who built/rigged the first Top Gun?

Was the first Apache really a 41?

Last edited by Panther; 10-23-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Why Apache are so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.