Why Apache are so expensive?

Notices

Why Apache are so expensive?

Old 10-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
yep....works for me...light and long built real strong.....1986 hull....sat for a few years in govt. warehouse.........running it since 95 no sign of age....and i run it....the proper way...........does not sit......ask anyone who has ridden in the Lucy boat...............m.m...
Looked pretty darn good at Bracco's a few months ago! I didn't know much about its history until you told me but, it looks damn good! PS, you were willing to run it MUCH harder than I was willing to run the couple times we came out the inlet together!!!! Then again, we had 40 miles to run on the ocean to get back home......is that a good enough excuse? The second time we ran I did run a bit faster than the first time a few weeks before....you guys looked great! GPS said 84 that day.....

See ya next year!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

couldnt find the web site I wanted to I f I remember correctly carbon fiber is like 10 times stronger than fiber glass ... 7 times stronger than kevlar. Weight 2.5 times lighter than Kevlar. 5.5 times lighter than fiber glass. Might have the figures mixed up a bit. check this out though http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1320/
Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
They were saying that about Kevlar too- that it might be stronger but didn't yield progtressively. it was said to be either OK or shattered. Alot of that came from raceboat incidents where major failures occurred. Most likely it was excessively light layups that were the culprit.

In theory, carbon fiber is much stronger than any of the other fibers. The trick is the overall process- resins, resin ratios, cures, etc. All the aerospace stuff is cured in autoclaves. The one at Boeing is big enough to cure a carbon fiber apartment building.
Kevlar failiers often occure if it gets scratched some how
Old 10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Looked pretty darn good at Bracco's a few months ago!....you guys looked great! GPS said 84 that day.....

See ya next year!
thanks frank..hope to return..84mph in a 41 apache with 650 hsp n/a motors..when we met you we were getting fuel....so we had some weight....economical in a comical way..
Old 10-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
thanks frank..hope to return..84mph in a 41 apache with 650 hsp n/a motors..when we met you we were getting fuel....so we had some weight....economical in a comical way..
One of these days I'll grow some balls and run WOT with the bigger power....maybe next year...but until then!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered

One of these days I'll grow some balls and run WOT with the bigger power....maybe next year...but until then!
next year will be a differant program....be back to my primary power......propnut to the waterpump.....all fresh.......do some cosmetic stuff, new vynal. re do trailer....300 hours on the power in boat.......its time......be well.......mark..
Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered

should have alll the parts to up my power this next season
Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

next year you can run in my boat....you drive i throttle......low compression blower motors not real responsive but dependable........LONGIVITY..........how sweet it is......even in a boat.........
Attached Thumbnails Why Apache are so expensive?-lastscan23.jpg  
Old 10-30-2007, 08:47 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

MMs boat is very light. Obvious at the dock. can be manhandled (or woman handled by lucy) very easily.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello from tahiti have not seen any Apaches here but lots of beautiful nature!!
Attached Thumbnails Why Apache are so expensive?-049.jpg  

Quick Reply: Why Apache are so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.