If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    2005 Velocity 260
    Rockford, IL

Financing/Shipping, classic vehicle

Have a buyer inquiring about a truck that I have for sale. He is having some difficulty getting financing due to the fact that the vehicle is more than "book price". Also would need to ship it from Chicago area to Massacusetts. Would prefer closed trailer, but open trailer would be considered. Looking for info on who finances specialty type vehicles as well as transport services.

My Boats:
    2003 Hustler 266
    Little Silver,NJ
    Steve Shoot me a PM with your # & I can help.

VIP Member VIP Member texaschopper's Avatar
    Miramar Beach

also a tip on careful. I shipped a car last year that was a nitemare. All the companies that you may find on google are nothing more then some broker sitting in his living room. They book it, take a deposit (their cut) then put something on some type of board that independant drivers pick up on a say they will do it. They may show up when they say, they may not. If the driver has you scheduled, and then has a better offer to make more money, they forget you and go do the other. The broker will give you some dance about iow the truck got a flat tire etc. My car was going from MD. to GA. I was told it would take 2 weeks, and it took a month after going through 3 different people then had to fight to get refunded by the first two.

Isn't there a race boat team that is sponsored by a carrier?

My Boats:
    checkmate 251 convincor,checkmate 253 convincor, 50 gibson
    Fredericksburg, Va
    I buy and sell classic cars all the time on EBAY, what they are saying about shippers is true, but overall most been pretty good for me..I have a couple I use in differnt area's of the country, but I would adise that you have the buyer handle the stay out of that part except for just handing the vehicle over once you are paid in full....Rob

My Boats:
    31 Contender
    S. Boston MA
    Reliable Carriers is who your thinking of. I have seen them in the Boston area.