Notices

We made the news

Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We made the news

Friday morning I am helping a friend launch his boat. While we are going down the boat ramp at Lake Travis we are asked if we could be filmed launching. I has said it was OK with us.

Friday night about 10PM a girl was going down a slide on a boat in Devils Cove and did not come back up.

I was looking for information as to if they found her body yet since they had not when I had left Tuesday afternoon.

I am watching the videos and here we are going down the boat ramp.

video
Old 07-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Registered

Default Re: We made the news

is that Mannsfield dam launch? Iused to love that lake. is windy pt still a hot spot? hippi hallow still going strong? or is it just totly gay now? I used to do alot of gell coat and fiber repair at lake travis yaht club marina, used to have a lot of old scarabbs magnums fountians a chris cat with 4 v/8 evinrudes. the last time I WAS DOWN THERE WAS 12 YRS AGO. I do miss that place.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Registered

They found her late Monday afternoon. They'd closed Devil's and directed all of us into Little Devil's (that was actually a lot of fun). The party barge she was on was backing out when she went down the slide and got hit by the prop. Clearly, they really wanted her body for prosecution in this case. I've never seen them close the cove on a busy weekend to drag before. We still haven't found Heather Strother's body from the Aug 6, '05 major night time collision accident. All of those involved were/are my friends. It seems to me most fatal accidents involve one of those blue party barges. I've never liked their concept. Bunch of non-lake people binge drinking on a 2-story boat and only one or two crew who are generally not even lake people themselves.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's rent a boat to a group of drunks, who never owned a boat

Bad idea but it's making someone $$
Old 10-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Registered

Default One life lost is one too many

I built 4 of those barges to the owners specs. modifications were done after one("Bottoms Up") fliped in Hippy Hollow several years ago. they made it wider.Most if not all the accidents involve the slide.. If you figure the number of people that go out on them X the hours they are on the water.Your safer on one of them than a "normal" boat. Yes they make BIG MONEY thats why everyone and there dog Is building them.Every marina has them. Well almost.