Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH! >

Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!

Notices

Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dean, Hidden Harbor Marina is over by where the Velocity plant used to be before they moved to the new I-4 location.

Ron, Not many crocs in Fl. just some down in south Fl. they have a skinny nose compared to a gator with some teeth sticking out when their mouths are closed. Gators are not known to like salt water. It's the sharks you have to worry about. Where you plan on moving to?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
What's the difference between a gator and a croc?

Do gators go in salt water?

Getting ready to move south and this is all new to us.
crocs come in both freshwater and salt,they get a little bigger,and will swim over 500 miles(ask the one at fort jefferson a couple of years back)there were gators as far down as marathon key,but i think somebody killed most of them.(blue hole)there are some crocs in florida, but mainly gators(especially around gainesville)
Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the difference between a gator and a croc?

Getting ready to move south and this is all new to us.
If you move anywhere close to west palm I can show you a few
Attached Thumbnails Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator-watching-003.jpg   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator-watching-009.jpg   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator-watching-010.jpg  

Old 10-20-2007, 03:01 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Few more.....
Attached Thumbnails Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator-watching-024.jpg   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-p1030072.jpg   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-p1030073.jpg  

Old 10-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
I cross Lake Jessup on the bridge quite often. If it's calm, you can see a lot of gators there, many in the middle of the lake, and usually, you'll see gators near the edges. It is also just a fat part of the St John's.
There is said to be an estimated 12,000 to 14,000 gators in Lake Jessup. When they were building the bridge over the lake, they had sharpshooters watching over the divers that were working on the foundation.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a picture of a gator at 'blue hole" from the early 90's. We had stopped there on our bikes on our way to the Worlds. We hung out there a for a while and then all these racoons started coming out of the woods in the middle of the day. I was really surprised to see a gator that far down the keys.
Attached Thumbnails Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator.jpg   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-racoons.jpg  
Old 10-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

They got this 11.5 ft gator a month ago in South carolina, but not before he tore this guys arm off. The 2nd pic shows the arm still in it's mouth.
Attached Thumbnails Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator.bmp   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator-arm.bmp   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator-truck.bmp  

Old 10-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This is a Florida gator from a year or two ago. The 2nd pic is me with a 9 footer after I hit it with my boat. I guess you gotta click on Gator on backhoe
Attached Thumbnails Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator-backhoe.jpg   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator%2520catch.jpg   Man, Fl. Alligators are TOUGH!-gator%2520catch%2520upclose.jpg  

Old 10-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gmhdfan
Ron, where you plan on moving to?
We are going to move to Palm Coast, we have some family is there.

I was playing golf in Marco last weekend and had a gator go across the fairway right in front of us. A bit wierd to see. I'm used to seeing Deer at most.

We plan on living on a lagoon - (you call them canals) and my wife wants to see if she can get the dolphins to come by to be fed ever afternoon.

I'm looking forward to doing some afternoon/evening fishing on the ICW and actually catching something. Just looking foward to getting out of the state with the highest property taxes and no end in sight.

What's with these wild bores/hogs that I heard about. They look pretty nasty.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Banned

Not often. I was fishing near the Gandy Bridge in Tampa Bay, and saw a big gator in the bay. I think it was because we had had a lot of rain, making the bay less salty.