Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat & watercraft market?????  Down?? >

Boat & watercraft market????? Down??

Notices

Boat & watercraft market????? Down??

Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe watercraft sales are down because the average one costs upwards of $10-12K, up from $5K or so a few years ago!....... You can buy a used powerboat for that.
Now, most young people don't have that kind of money sitting around for a PWC, forget the 110% financing BS the dealerships offer, the money is still way too large for a PWC.
Maybe one of the reasons for the popularity of standups.........cheap, fun to ride, simple to work on and easy to haul around in the back of a pickup, unlike those huge new "couches" that weight in at around 800-900lbs!

Last edited by georges; 10-22-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Registered

Brad I Looked At Your Site And The Dealers You Speak Of And 20 Million In Sales With A Profit Of 1 Million Befor Expenses Doesnt Sound Like A Strong Proffit Margine, Maybe Im Reading Wrong?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered

BRUNSWICK HAS LAID HUNDREDS OF EMPLOYEES OFF AND CLOSED 1 PLANT COMPLETLY. NOT A GOOD SIGN. IVE HERD AT THE BAJA PLANT 30 PERCENT OF THE PRODUCTION IS SEA RAYS NOT BAJAs.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned

I agree with everything most have said, but as a general whole the market is down in allot of industry's not just in boating.

There is probobly allot of boats selling but they are not bringing the money they should, it is very much a buyers market.

I own a wholesale car business and our sales are down roughly 18% after being pretty consistant over the last 5 years.

I personally believe the slump is due to the downfall of the sub-prime housing market and now it is trickling into other industry's. There isnt too many lenders or finanical institutions out there lining up to take risks anymore....which in turn slows allot of things down.

I think allot of it also has to do with the fact that we have a complete idiot running our country, although I personally think he does a wonderful job for a retarded person.

Last edited by long duck dong; 10-23-2007 at 12:13 PM.