Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   '84 35 Mistress... cheap? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/171457-84-35-mistress-cheap.html)

StraightJacket 10-23-2007 12:18 PM

I thought that was the" All Cracked Up " boat from in town . Sounds to me as if the perspective buyer might be the worried seller. 3 POST, Something smells fishy.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 12:23 PM

Hey Brian. How goes the boat?

TexomaPowerboater 10-23-2007 12:59 PM

Nothing wrong with spilling the beans.

Cigaretteracingteam - welcome to the new world of boat purchasing thanks to OSO. As a current shopper I think I can speak for a lot people in saying that we are tired of the BS Buyer beware after I lie about the condition of the boat story. So dry your eyes if the story sucks and cut your loses short. If the broker doesn't want to disclose anything, which is pretty normal, then we have every right to ask around. I have done this with boats and I find it very helpful, but in the end the survey always tells the most current real story of the boat.

I think that most of this info on other boats is taken with a grain of salt, from the buyers perspective. BUT it does give a purchaser one more thing to ask about or to look for.

seafordguy 10-23-2007 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=cigaretteracingteam;2314638]No hostility,just facts.I am going to buy it and I have had a survey.No problems,just need to sell my boat,but, there's prolly sumthing wrong with my boat.too:hitfan:
QUOTE]

Look man - I am not trying to discourage you or start any mudslinging but all of your defensive posts sound fishy. In the past 20 hours you have gone from "I have seen the boat and it is a great boat", to "I have had a survey done and I am going to buy the boat". No offense but that sounds odd.

You came right out of the gates accusing people of having "an axe to grind", telling them to grow up, and that they need to know facts before they post, to bashing some guy because he is working on his boat. ALL the guys' were trying to say was to inspect the boat because there was some repair work done to it. I would DEFINITELY want to know that if I was going to travel to look at the boat as wstultz was going to do - not that he should be discouraged from buying the boat but so he can ask the appropriate questions before he spends money on travel costs.

I think it is great to have a forum like this where people know the history of almost every single boat in a hobby we enjoy.

wstultz 10-23-2007 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2314628)
Nothing wrong with spilling the beans.

Cigaretteracingteam - welcome to the new world of boat purchasing thanks to OSO. As a current shopper I think I can speak for a lot people in saying that we are tired of the BS Buyer beware after I lie about the condition of the boat story.

AAAMEN

wstultz 10-23-2007 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=seafordguy;2314674]

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314638)
No hostility,just facts.I am going to buy it and I have had a survey.No problems,just need to sell my boat,but, there's prolly sumthing wrong with my boat.too:hitfan:
QUOTE]

Look man - I am not trying to discourage you or start any mudslinging but all of your defensive posts sound fishy. In the past 20 hours you have gone from "I have seen the boat and it is a great boat", to "I have had a survey done and I am going to buy the boat". No offense but that sounds odd.

You came right out of the gates accusing people of having "an axe to grind", telling them to grow up, and that they need to know facts before they post, to bashing some guy because he is working on his boat. ALL the guys' were trying to say was to inspect the boat because there was some repair work done to it. I would DEFINITELY want to know that if I was going to travel to look at the boat as wstultz was going to do - not that he should be discouraged from buying the boat but so he can ask the appropriate questions before he spends money on travel costs.

I think it is great to have a forum like this where people know the history of almost every single boat in a hobby we enjoy.

I would definitely NOT be discouraged to buy an old boat that had been repaired AS LONG AS I knew that it had been repaired, where the repair was done, and who did the repair. All I have had is old boats and I realize some need work and that's fine.

That is what posts like: "Who knows this boat" and "Has anyone seen this boat" are for, sellers trying to hide something. So basically there is no reason to get upset about a thread like this one , unless you are trying to hide something. It is a beautiful old mistress and I hope it sells to someone who will take care of her.

W

Tom A. 10-23-2007 01:57 PM

Speaking as an outside party who has nothing to gain or loose from this thread, there is a wealth of knowledge floating around this board and it should be taken into consideration. I got alot of helpful information when shopping for my new/used boat.
If you had the survey done and you are happy with the boat, great! However, you don't have to attack a person for saying stay away from it. If you know more than someone posting than clarify the situation. I don't know either one of you but I do know how many posts Roger1 has and the productive imput he has put in over the years. You on the other hand joined claiming to defend your future purchase, yet just bash a member who simply stated "Better off passing on that one".
Seems like you stuck your nose in here.
Just my .02

seafordguy 10-23-2007 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 2314684)

I would definitely NOT be discouraged to buy an old boat that had been repaired AS LONG AS I knew that it had been repaired, where the repair was done, and who did the repair. All I have had is old boats and I realize some need work and that's fine.

That is what posts like: "Who knows this boat" and "Has anyone seen this boat" are for, sellers trying to hide something. So basically there is no reason to get upset about a thread like this one , unless you are trying to hide something. It is a beautiful old mistress and I hope it sells to someone who will take care of her.

W

For clarification - I wasn't directing my first post at you - I was trying to say that the disclosure of information about a repair on this website is useful to someone like you who would potentially travel to look at a boat.

Roger 1 10-23-2007 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam (Post 2314638)
No hostility,just facts.I am going to buy it and I have had a survey.No problems,just need to sell my boat,but, there's prolly sumthing wrong with my boat.too:hitfan:
Here's a fact that I heard. You have never owned a twin engined boat(including the TG that u have been working on 4 three years), so u are far from an authority on anything.
Just hate this netslamming crap.
GET A LIFE !!

Again, personal attacks. It's true that the top gun that I'm working on is my first twin. What that has to do with my offering advice has me puzzled. I'm restoring my boat as time and money allow and don't intend on going into debt to do it.
As far as my authority or expertise on any subject goes. From your posts, I doubt that you would be able to understand any of it.

Roger A. Holmberg

Roger 1 10-23-2007 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2314690)
Speaking as an outside party who has nothing to gain or loose from this thread, there is a wealth of knowledge floating around this board and it should be taken into consideration. I got alot of helpful information when shopping for my new/used boat.
If you had the survey done and you are happy with the boat, great! However, you don't have to attack a person for saying stay away from it. If you know more than someone posting than clarify the situation. I don't know either one of you but I do know how many posts Roger1 has and the productive imput he has put in over the years. You on the other hand joined claiming to defend your future purchase, yet just bash a member who simply stated "Better off passing on that one".
Seems like you stuck your nose in here.
Just my .02

Thanks for the kind words Tom. It's appreciated.

Roger 1