Notices

'84 35 Mistress... cheap?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by cigaretteracingteam
Here's a fact that I heard. You have never owned a twin engined boat(including the TG that u have been working on 4 three years), so u are far from an authority on anything.
Just hate this netslamming crap.
GET A LIFE !!
Allllllllrighty then. What's the basis for the personal attack on Roger? The only person doing any "netslamming" is you! (PS, did you make that up?)

Roger is not the only one that posted info about the boat, either. Again, the attack seems rather personally motivated/focused.

I've known Roger for several years, and he is friends with nearly every other Chicagoland power boater as well. Your claim here is absolutely irrelevant and unfounded. Roger has forgotten more about boats and the overall mechanics of just about anything than any of us will ever have the opportunity to know. He's as honest as they come, and could not be a nicer gentlemen. If he has information to share from a solicited question about said subject, who are you to come on here and launch a personal attack for him disclosing pertinent and honest solicitedinformation?

If you like this boat so much, FINE. Go buy it. Then, the purpose for this post will be irrelevant, as the boat will no longer be for sale, everyone can continue skipping down their own happy little paths.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-23-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I completely agree with you,but, Roger knows nothing about the boat,but he stated"facts".That was my point.
Why don't you take this up with Roger in person? I'm sure you two can work this out 'mano a mano'.

Please let me know where and when, as I'll fly in for such!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

If I was really interested in this boat and I knew that nothing was wrong with it (because of a survey) - if anything I would let the rumors keep on flying so as to keep other buyers away until I had my boat sold so that I could go buy it myself. The last thing I would do is tell other people how great of a boat it is unless I have no intention of purchasing.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
For clarification - I wasn't directing my first post at you - I was trying to say that the disclosure of information about a repair on this website is useful to someone like you who would potentially travel to look at a boat.
I understand and agree.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad can beat up your dad.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone who has integrity talks from fact,not fiction.I spoke to the owner and Roger has never been on or seen the boat up close.How would you know so much about it?
My point is if I buy the boat,are you guys going to netslam (yes,I made it up) me and my boat. get it?
Alot of us here in Chicago saw the 6 foot piece of duct tape down the bottom of the hull . Hope the guy who did the repair is good I know it wasn't Nabbers, Who is awesome. And I have grown up on twins and an currently rigging 2 T/G's , and my Python when its done being built. Good luck with your purchase, Hope you have some mechanical skills, and yes an old Mistress in good shape is a great boat. If I were you i would just drop the subject and shut your C*ck holster for a while.

Roger , it is upside down getting the streakes extended and possibly a small pad then the mold will be made off it. Then I will get it back and the rigging will proceed , hope to have it done for Frankie and Louies in June. Triple digits...... But i also have these other side projects going to.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Registered

And then have to deal with this AFTER I buy the boat? I would like these people to be honest now before I buy it. No one should be talking about something they know nothing about.
The only thing that would stop me from buying this boat is their vendetta against the owner,which I know nothing about and has nothing to do with the boat.
So,if I buy it,all this will go away,right?hardly
LET'S GET THE TRUTH ON THE TABLE. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN ROGER WAS ON THE BOAT?
I was never out on the boat. I WAS on the boat when it was on a trailer shortly after Jack bought it, and I thought that it was a pretty nice looking boat that seemed to be in nice shape for its age.

Again, opinions were requested and I offered mine based on the information that I had about the large split that developed in the bottom of the hull.

You say that the only thing that would stop you from buying the boat is the ''vendetta'' against the owner? I know that if I wanted to buy something, what you percieve to be a vendetta would not stop me. The damage history is another story.

Why do you want to make this a personal issue, this is about a boat. Wether you buy it or not makes no difference to me. You are correct that when you make a purchase, the damage history goes with it and does'nt get washed away with a title change.

"IF" you have in fact had the boat surveyed and are happy with the results and end up buying it. I wish you many happy hour of enjoyment.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered

And then have to deal with this AFTER I buy the boat? I would like these people to be honest now before I buy it. No one should be talking about something they know nothing about.
The only thing that would stop me from buying this boat is their vendetta against the owner,which I know nothing about and has nothing to do with the boat.
So,if I buy it,all this will go away,right?hardly
LET'S GET THE TRUTH ON THE TABLE. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN ROGER WAS ON THE BOAT?
We have tried to be honest with you and have been rewarded with your personal attacks for our efforts.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

Ok,so tell me about the split and the info about Chris Merril
Did the boat have a"split" when you saw it? or was this just info that someone provided to you?

And why would 10x say that it was repoed? Another lie
I don't know about Chris Merrill.
The boat did not have the split in it when I saw it. Frank told me about it as well as Jack himself.
10x is a grownup and can speak for himself. Why don't you ask him?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=cigaretteracingteam;2314895]
Originally Posted by Roger 1
Wether you buy it or not makes no difference to me.
QUOTE]

Then why would you post anything about the boat?
Because opinions were requested, Try to keep up.

Quick Reply: '84 35 Mistress... cheap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.