Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   '84 35 Mistress... cheap? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/171457-84-35-mistress-cheap.html)

Chris Sunkin 04-01-2008 11:08 AM

Reading in the Cig forum, the boat seems definitely repairable. Not easily, though. A bottom repair right in the middle is going to require a chunk of the liner to be cut out for access from the inside. Work would have to be done from both sides.

10x 04-02-2008 01:12 AM

Chris is correct about that. The boat is repairable, but to do it the right way, it's gonna cost you a bunch of money. The current owner did'nt want to dish out the big $$$, so he did it the cheap way, and it came back after about a few hours of running in some choppy waters. Until it's fixed properly, all you'll be doing is chasing the problem.
That's probably why he never puts the boat in the water, cause he does'nt want the crack to "reappear".

packinair 04-02-2008 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2509747)
That's probably why he never puts the boat in the water, cause he does'nt want the crack to "reappear".

Or the boat is still being his from debtors
Or you need gas money
Or you need insurance
Or you need a truck to get it to water
Or you need gas money for the truck
Or you know you will sink
Or you have to dish out money for updated flares
Or you know the motors will break down again

Jammin' 04-02-2008 08:18 AM

I'll say one thing for him, he has the same taste in boats as I do. Old school offshore boats that need to be completely over hauled. I love old Mistresses and I loved the old Excalibur I bought from him that was his previous boat. I just wasn't willing to write the checks to finish that one, but I got an education.

I love looking in the Scarab forum. "I just got a great deal on a 198X Scarab." Soon it becomes the Scarab project thread and "I plan to have it in the water by....". Then it disappears for 3 or 4 years.

packinair 04-02-2008 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jammin' (Post 2509919)
I'll say one thing for him, he has the same taste in boats as I do. Old school offshore boats that need to be completely over hauled. I love old Mistresses and I loved the old Excalibur I bought from him that was his previous boat. I just wasn't willing to write the checks to finish that one, but I got an education.

I love looking in the Scarab forum. "I just got a great deal on a 198X Scarab." Soon it becomes the Scarab project thread and "I plan to have it in the water by....". Then it disappears for 3 or 4 years.

nothin like buying an old mistress for 32k and throwing anouther 100K at it:cool-smiley-011:

baddogz28 04-02-2008 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by packinair (Post 2510493)
nothin like buying an old mistress for 32k and throwing anouther 100K at it:cool-smiley-011:

Sounds like buying stock in Enron

dmaxx3500 04-02-2008 07:57 PM

i can't beleve all the people who would buy a boat that needs all kinds of fiberglass work ,but wouldn't spend the same money for a boat that needs 10-20 hrs to button up the little things,like on my 35' mistress,everytime i try to sell it i keep hearing its too much work,,,too what cut 4 holes in the transom for the header tailpipes,hook up 2 fuel lines and take off the tacky yellow/blue wave colored stripes on the sides,,but they don't take into account that this boat is an unwrecked clean rare[org teak interior] piece of cig history and most parts on it are new or rebuilt,its got 2-454 efi rebuilt quicksilver engines,2 bw trannys,#3ssm drives all rebuilt by speedmasters of fla,a newer cockpit w/drop out bolsters,gaffrig/livorsi gauges,zero effort throttles,kiekeffer k-planes,,and its on a 3 axle steel trailer with eoh disc brakes,,im to the point im going to part it out just to break even

c_deezy 08-26-2008 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 (Post 2510844)
i can't beleve all the people who would buy a boat that needs all kinds of fiberglass work ,but wouldn't spend the same money for a boat that needs 10-20 hrs to button up the little things,like on my 35' mistress,everytime i try to sell it i keep hearing its too much work,,,too what cut 4 holes in the transom for the header tailpipes,hook up 2 fuel lines and take off the tacky yellow/blue wave colored stripes on the sides,,but they don't take into account that this boat is an unwrecked clean rare[org teak interior] piece of cig history and most parts on it are new or rebuilt,its got 2-454 efi rebuilt quicksilver engines,2 bw trannys,#3ssm drives all rebuilt by speedmasters of fla,a newer cockpit w/drop out bolsters,gaffrig/livorsi gauges,zero effort throttles,kiekeffer k-planes,,and its on a 3 axle steel trailer with eoh disc brakes,,im to the point im going to part it out just to break even

Still got the Mistress for sale?

PatriYacht 08-26-2008 09:05 AM

What a great piece of CPC history, :D:D. This is the first time I've heard or read the whole story.

Chris Sunkin 08-26-2008 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by c_deezy (Post 2663927)
Still got the Mistress for sale?

It's in the Boatfreaks classifieds- and maybe in our new swap section