Default 28 Pantera vs 28 Velocity vs 28 AT

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17531-en.html

VS

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18471-en.html

VS

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18824-en.html

VS

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/9/89495049.htm

Im gettin the itch bad...for those of you that know me November is my boat buying month...

Last edited by berns29scarab; 10-16-2007 at 10:38 PM. Reason: add'l info
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

NO comparison. Its like comparing Apples and Truck tires.

The Pantera is MUCH better suited for your area (water conditions). The only advantage that either Velocity have over the Pantera is closed cooling, which is good for salt water. You still have to be meticulous about flushing any of them, but the 496HO is definitely better. The Pantera will ride MUCH better in the coastal waters of NJ.

I'd also recommend checking out this one, which is in your backyard. It is owned by OSO member risky; and can be bought right. (Broker has a bit of an inflated price on there.)
Old 10-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pantera...no question.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Get the PANTERA

He was asking $59K during the summer.

The Velocity is going to have more freeboard than the pantera and probobly more cabin headroom, but not much. The cockpit in the pantera is huge - its just as big as a lot of 35+ cigarettes and bigger than the 32 velocity. I've actually been on both the 32 velocity and 28 pantera. I would think that the velocity would be lighter and probobly a little faster, but not much. The stringers look pretty thin in the velocity. I think its pretty obvious that the pantera's are built stonger than the velocity.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Get the PANTERA

The Velocity is going to have more freeboard than the pantera and probobly more cabin headroom, but not much. The cockpit in the pantera is huge - its just as big as a lot of 35+ cigarettes and bigger than the 32 velocity. I've actually been on both the 32 velocity and 28 pantera. I would think that the velocity would be lighter and probobly a little faster, but not much. The stringers look pretty thin in the velocity. I think its pretty obvious that the pantera's are built stonger than the velocity.
I beleive what you see as thin stringers in the picture is simply engine compartment dividers to keep gear from sliding into the motor. The stringers are below the diamond plate. Velocity are light but I doubt they're using 1/2" plywood for a stringer system Steve
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Get the PANTERA

to start with those are not the stringers they are side panels so you can store thing on each side of the motor. i have ridden on and driven both boats and the pantera had a 675 blower motor in it they do ride good they are 2 feet longer then the velocity . the cabin is larger on the velocity and it is a much deeper boat. as for speed velocity hands down it will be much faster with = power which also means better fuel milage. as for rough water it is all in how you drive them i have never had a problem going where a 28 pantera went. but the pantera will be a better ride in the rough
Old 10-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

this is also very VERY interesting...what kinda speeds ya think this runs ?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

If you purchased each of the boats (in a single engine configuration) at a good price then I'd venture to guess that the Pantera would be easiest to sell (from NJ). Since you buy and sell boats in a similar fashion as you do cars, selling the package should be a key factor in deciding which v-hull to pursue.

I like all three manufacturers' mentioned (AT, Pantera & Velocity), but do you really believe that a 28' v-hull with stock power is going to fulfill your need for speed following your 30' Spectre?? ...food for thought.

Dan
Old 10-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That A/T is owned by a guy on the board. Check out the A/T section
Old 10-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

For rough water, classic offshore looks ,excellent stout build quality and rigging plus resell value get the Pantera with out a doubt.

On smooth water the Velocity will be faster given both boats have the same eninge but the Velocity is a super lightweight build with a huge flat pad.

It all depends on your water conditions and boating style.

Quick Reply: 28 Pantera vs 28 Velocity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.