Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/171591-need-advice-wtb-new-2007-authentic-rolex.html)

berns29scarab 10-24-2007 02:05 PM

congrats...i've been looking for either a stainless n gold blue face sub or the special edition green face sub

DENNYB 10-24-2007 02:08 PM

You know fella"s, changing Rolex's is like changing boats.

thunderusone 10-24-2007 02:25 PM

I have bought two rolexes from Scott at Top Notch watch. One on ebay.....check the feedback from thunderusone. The other off of ebay that I just wired him the money. Both were perfect and authentic....with papers new in box! Saved me a bunch of money and tax vs buying local. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I spent about $20K with him.

Joe92GT 10-24-2007 02:55 PM

Congrats on the new watch!

The two tone submariner is my favorite rolex too. Its a shame that it is the most copied. I think the all stainless ones look too plain and fake for the cash.

I have a Breitling chronograph, and am torn between the Navitimer and the rolex submariner for my next watch.

DENNYB 10-24-2007 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 2316009)
I have bought two rolexes from Scott at Top Notch watch. One on ebay.....check the feedback from thunderusone. The other off of ebay that I just wired him the money. Both were perfect and authentic....with papers new in box! Saved me a bunch of money and tax vs buying local. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I spent about $20K with him.

You have earned each others word and trust to continue..:ernaehrung004:

creeper 10-25-2007 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Joe92GT (Post 2316049)
Congrats on the new watch!

The two tone submariner is my favorite rolex too. Its a shame that it is the most copied. I think the all stainless ones look too plain and fake for the cash.

I have a Breitling chronograph, and am torn between the Navitimer and the rolex submariner for my next watch.

I'm a Breitling guy myself also,Really like the rolex's but to may copies floating around, I have personal seen real deal and copies side by side and these people have it down,Its hard to tell unless you know your watchs.

So far I have had my Breitling for ten years,only comes off for services.Its a great everyday plus watch,Have no experence with Rolex. Has anyone had both to compair brands since were on the watch subject.......This will help me in my next purchase.....

Jigsaw89 10-25-2007 12:02 PM

According to Bobby Hartgers of Hartgers Jewelers in Wyckoff, NJ, he feels Rolex is a finer built watch. He's an authorized dealer for Rolex, Breitling, Patek Philippe, Cartier, etc. and when I asked him which brand he would rather personally own he immediately said Rolex for the reason mentioned above. He also said he can pass along a better deal on a Breitling b/c there's more room to negotiate. Take it for what it's worth.

I personally like the looks of Breitling, but they are a bit too bulky for my wrist.
Dan

Originally Posted by creeper (Post 2317067)
So far I have had my Breitling for ten years,only comes off for services.Its a great everyday plus watch,Have no experence with Rolex. Has anyone had both to compair brands since were on the watch subject.......This will help me in my next purchase.....

alindquist 10-25-2007 01:42 PM

I bought my Breitling in St. Thomas... I saved about a grand off what it would have cost me here in FL... So really I figured I paid retail and got a free cruise!!! if I don't count the week long bar tab that is...

McGary911 10-25-2007 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab (Post 2315989)
congrats...i've been looking for either a stainless n gold blue face sub or the special edition green face sub

Bernie, if you see a green faced Sub, run.....it's fake. The 50th anniversary sub has a green bezel, and larger markers (dots where the numbers would be) than the regular black sub. There's a 50th anniversary GMT II Master in all Gold with a green face....

The green subs used to be VERY difficult to get, but are getting easier in a lot of places. My dealer down here in Florida called me about 2 months after I put my name on the list. It's a great watch, and one that you don't see every day. Even better if you're Irish :)

Originally Posted by creeper View Post
One plus with the Rolex, is that they use their own in house movement. Breitling uses modified ETA movements in their automatics. To some people that matters, some don't care.

Oh, almost forgot. Congrats on the new watch Jigsaw! Did you end up getting the Two Tone Blue sub?

FeverMike 10-25-2007 06:42 PM

IF you want to really learn about Rolex or any watch in general check out www.timezone.com