Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex >

Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex

Notices

Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex

Old 10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

congrats...i've been looking for either a stainless n gold blue face sub or the special edition green face sub
Old 10-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know fella"s, changing Rolex's is like changing boats.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I have bought two rolexes from Scott at Top Notch watch. One on ebay.....check the feedback from thunderusone. The other off of ebay that I just wired him the money. Both were perfect and authentic....with papers new in box! Saved me a bunch of money and tax vs buying local. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I spent about $20K with him.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new watch!

The two tone submariner is my favorite rolex too. Its a shame that it is the most copied. I think the all stainless ones look too plain and fake for the cash.

I have a Breitling chronograph, and am torn between the Navitimer and the rolex submariner for my next watch.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I have bought two rolexes from Scott at Top Notch watch. One on ebay.....check the feedback from thunderusone. The other off of ebay that I just wired him the money. Both were perfect and authentic....with papers new in box! Saved me a bunch of money and tax vs buying local. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I spent about $20K with him.
You have earned each others word and trust to continue..
Old 10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe92GT
Congrats on the new watch!

The two tone submariner is my favorite rolex too. Its a shame that it is the most copied. I think the all stainless ones look too plain and fake for the cash.

I have a Breitling chronograph, and am torn between the Navitimer and the rolex submariner for my next watch.
I'm a Breitling guy myself also,Really like the rolex's but to may copies floating around, I have personal seen real deal and copies side by side and these people have it down,Its hard to tell unless you know your watchs.

So far I have had my Breitling for ten years,only comes off for services.Its a great everyday plus watch,Have no experence with Rolex. Has anyone had both to compair brands since were on the watch subject.......This will help me in my next purchase.....
Old 10-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered

According to Bobby Hartgers of Hartgers Jewelers in Wyckoff, NJ, he feels Rolex is a finer built watch. He's an authorized dealer for Rolex, Breitling, Patek Philippe, Cartier, etc. and when I asked him which brand he would rather personally own he immediately said Rolex for the reason mentioned above. He also said he can pass along a better deal on a Breitling b/c there's more room to negotiate. Take it for what it's worth.

I personally like the looks of Breitling, but they are a bit too bulky for my wrist.
Dan

Originally Posted by creeper
So far I have had my Breitling for ten years,only comes off for services.Its a great everyday plus watch,Have no experence with Rolex. Has anyone had both to compair brands since were on the watch subject.......This will help me in my next purchase.....
Old 10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my Breitling in St. Thomas... I saved about a grand off what it would have cost me here in FL... So really I figured I paid retail and got a free cruise!!! if I don't count the week long bar tab that is...
Old 10-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
congrats...i've been looking for either a stainless n gold blue face sub or the special edition green face sub
Bernie, if you see a green faced Sub, run.....it's fake. The 50th anniversary sub has a green bezel, and larger markers (dots where the numbers would be) than the regular black sub. There's a 50th anniversary GMT II Master in all Gold with a green face....

The green subs used to be VERY difficult to get, but are getting easier in a lot of places. My dealer down here in Florida called me about 2 months after I put my name on the list. It's a great watch, and one that you don't see every day. Even better if you're Irish

Originally Posted by creeper View Post
One plus with the Rolex, is that they use their own in house movement. Breitling uses modified ETA movements in their automatics. To some people that matters, some don't care.

Oh, almost forgot. Congrats on the new watch Jigsaw! Did you end up getting the Two Tone Blue sub?

Last edited by McGary911; 10-25-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

IF you want to really learn about Rolex or any watch in general check out www.timezone.com

Quick Reply: Need Advice - WTB New 2007 Authentic Rolex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.