Notices

Apache To Guardado

Old 10-24-2007, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

If you sold it, what would you get that would be any better? I have always wondered, are you better to get a classic that you can always repower and rerig or get something that is going to depreciate faster than the boat can go.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

if no one jumps on that deal ,then , the market is dead...you can not buy the driveline/rigging and trailer for that price..
Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
Guardado should take the 45' into protective care immediately!

I'm sure you'll do the right thing......... decisions decisions

Good luck
Jon
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! It's like you and I talked about before. How smart is it to sink another large chunk of money into something that I already can't sell for half of my current investment? Don't get me wrong. If it doesn't sell I will be taking that plunge and keeping it, more than likely, forever. Hell, this is my dream boat. I always wanted a big Apache, but I have to debate between what is emotionally the right move and what is logically and financially the right move.

When I first bought the boat it was exactly what I wanted and I planned to keep it forever, but now my priorities have changed. I am married and have a family to think about now. So basically I am or could be screwed either way. I either sell it and take a tremendous hit or keep it, dig the hole deeper and hope that nothing ever changes in our lives that would make us have to sell it. To me it really sucks either way. I really want to keep it and change it, but is that the smart and responsible thing to do? I don't know.

Originally Posted by wananewboat
If you sold it, what would you get that would be any better? I have always wondered, are you better to get a classic that you can always repower and rerig or get something that is going to depreciate faster than the boat can go.
That is my exact dilemma. I honestly don't know what move is better or what we would get into if the Apache sells. Maybe another performance boat with a full cabin, bathroom, AC, etc...or possibly a cruiser with all the comforts of home. I honestly don't know. I am so sitting on the fence trying to figure out which way to go and what is the right move. I got three calls just today from different people that claim to be interested and want to see it while we are in Key West. I gave them my contact info, so we will see what happens. Like I said all summer, if a buyer comes along that will make my decision for me.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Cut your loses and move on. I have a nice 38 TS w/525's that is a bargain. It has your name on it Will!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait and think. How many marriages have broken up since that Apache was built? The Apache is still here, and hasn't been cut up yet.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I say keep the Apache the way it is for those days out with the guys and take the $$$ you were going to spend on it and put it toward a cruiser.

Boats are tools, you gotta pick the right tool for the job.

Kurt
Old 10-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
Cut your loses and move on. I have a nice 38 TS w/525's that is a bargain. It has your name on it Will!
Thought he wanted a cabin with amenities like headroom, enclosed head and a/c. I haven't see a TG with all of those features.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by speedo
And tell us why Will would go BACKWARDS o wise one. Smoking is out. You guys sold yours. Pay attention to school so you can buy your own boat some day. {ponte viva].

Eric.

Speedo your brutal, keep it coming! The LS gang is in the car business so they buy and sell everything so for them to sell another TG certainly doesn't mean they are done with the brand (Steve has 9 I think). They buy the right TG's for the task at hand, the last one being a poker run boat. I would expect more Cigarettes to come from the LS boys........
Old 10-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
When I first bought the boat it was exactly what I wanted and I planned to keep it forever, but now my priorities have changed. I am married and have a family to think about now. So basically I am or could be screwed either way. I either sell it and take a tremendous hit or keep it, dig the hole deeper and hope that nothing ever changes in our lives that would make us have to sell it. To me it really sucks either way. I really want to keep it and change it, but is that the smart and responsible thing to do? I don't know.

That is my exact dilemma. I honestly don't know what move is better or what we would get into if the Apache sells. Maybe another performance boat with a full cabin, bathroom, AC, etc...or possibly a cruiser with all the comforts of home. I honestly don't know. I am so sitting on the fence trying to figure out which way to go and what is the right move. I got three calls just today from different people that claim to be interested and want to see it while we are in Key West. I gave them my contact info, so we will see what happens. Like I said all summer, if a buyer comes along that will make my decision for me.

I totally see your point and understand the rationalization either way..... tough choice...

I've often thought about getting a Formula SS in place of my 36'..... Yeah we'll be slower but could still cruise at 40-45 mph with AC, head, big cabin, large cockpit for entertaining etc..... But then I think about how much I love my Apache......

I've decided to hang on to it as long as I possibly can and hopefuly by then the kid(s) will have grown up some more....

tough choice....
Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
I say keep the Apache the way it is for those days out with the guys and take the $$$ you were going to spend on it and put it toward a cruiser.

Boats are tools, you gotta pick the right tool for the job.

Kurt
winner winner chicken dinner!!! that would be the ticket, plenty of nice ss style cruisers for the remodeling price.

Quick Reply: Apache To Guardado

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.