Notices

Who owns the photos?

Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe try contacting the Key West officials and letting them know what he is trying todo. They will probably make a phone call and get it stoped.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:25 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Thanks for posting that, Phil.

Of course they back down because they know they are full of it and don't have a leg to stand on. Photographers' rights is a subject near and dear to my heart and there is PLENTY of legal precendent to support it. Although my initial reaction was similar to Masher's, my true feeling here is one of astonishment. A low-level security guard telling you that you can't take pictures of a building (you can) is one thing, but to hear this absurd horsehockey really set me off. It's no wonder that the sport has stagnated with this type of draconian thinking coming from the mountaintop. It makes absolutely no sense to me why you would antagonize the very people who could most help publicize your organization...

What a freakin world we live in.

You would think they would want people to spend their own money to promote the "sport" (exibition is more like it) -

If i were there- i would walk by any guard - and say - FBI - do you really want to deal with me ?

ITs all about money - and nothing else - I had my fill of them - once i backed them down - they settled for a one dollar fee- which i gave them in pennies - And they have the gall to say - we want money - and your film or prints - haha - remember this quote - "he who no plays the game, does not make the rules"

If they want to control it - create a stadium ( kinda difficult to do) - and sell tickets -

Do you think everyone on the beach or docks that have cameras - that film or shoot the boats as they enter the harbor - do they pay them and give them all their prints - Of course not -

Just because people spend money to FLY IN THE FREE - FREE yes- i mean FREE airspace - does not mean they have to do what these money grabers want -

Its a shame - they could have had so much for so little- but they wanted to control something they had no right to control - eventually they had the racers sign off their publicity rights - and hold harmless against being sued - do ya think the wife of a dead racer signs that - dont think so -

their leaders should go back to installing carpets - and get real - or at least approve - and encourage others to spend their own money to get shots that they cant afford to get themselves.

just my two cents-

Phil
Old 10-24-2007, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil M

ITs all about money - and nothing else

their leaders should go back to installing carpets - and get real - or at least approve - and encourage others to spend their own money to get shots that they cant afford to get themselves.

Phil

Exactly. I agree 100 %

I have a story to tell but this is not the time ..... but the time will come.

Bob
Old 10-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

you can bet your ass i'll have my camera in hand with over 500 megs of available memory !!!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Exactly. I agree 100 %

I have a story to tell but this is not the time ..... but the time will come.

Bob
Can't wait to hear it!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 10-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

We welcome the press, media and photographers with open arms. No fees to pay, just a big thank you for attending our race in Destin and helping to promote the sport of Offshore Powerboat Racing.

You can even sell the images if you want and we'll still say thanks for attending.

See ya next week in Destin.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by excalibur32
Ypu can't take pics of government buildings especially military installations.
You can take photos of most Gov. Buildings - (from the OUTSIDE) - not inside maybe - and many gov. sites from the air - you can see many one LIVE SEARCH or Google - and I have flown over many -in a Helicopter at 500 feet - and could have taken all the photos I wanted to take - even where Nukes are here in NJ - kind of erie - all barren grown - and very secure - if you did not know it - you would think it was a jail - fences - lights- guard towers etc. - but again - I could have taken photos !
Old 10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
you can bet your ass i'll have my camera in hand with over 500 megs of available memory !!!

thats more than my brain can hold

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
We welcome the press, media and photographers with open arms. No fees to pay, just a big thank you for attending our race in Destin and helping to promote the sport of Offshore Powerboat Racing.

You can even sell the images if you want and we'll still say thanks for attending.

See ya next week in Destin.
here is a classy guy.... must be Italian
Old 10-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by masher44
here is a classy guy.... must be Italian
Not classy, just someone that realizes that our racers need to give thier sponsors some real value for thier money spent and seeing photos on the net and in magazine is part of the equastion.

The racers need to be given every opportunity to promote themselves, thier team and thier sponsor. The media is what makes that happen, so why not welcome them with open arms so that they attend more of our races.

Frankly, OSS and SBI should consider paying the media's expenses for attending, not driving them away.

Quick Reply: Who owns the photos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.