Notices

Who owns the photos?

Old 10-29-2007, 05:23 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Its good that everyone see's what I was going through - I put up my own money - paid expenses in advance - took the chance of everything working well - One would think they would encourage me- then we would have worked together - Now you see how short sighted these organizers are - its the quick buck - not what is good for the entire "sport" -

Does anyone remember when Ike Batista (Spirit of Brazil) wanted to "buy" the sport - put up millions to promote it - again the masters of money - the orginization said no - what a shame - cant you imagine how far this "sport" would have gone with that infusion of money - For sure - it would be a lot larger today - and only one group - not splintered.

T3x has had many ideas on this topic - he was with me first hand to see the greed -

When working together like our team did - for an end result - it worked fine - but when you have greedy people that want to control things beyond their mental grasp - then you have what you have now - Not Much ! Again it must be slow in the Carpet laying trade - !
Old 10-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

So does Carbonell go out in the crowd on the seawall then out in the spectator fleet and threaten to sue everyone with a camera? Geesh I am shocked if he can get to everyone in KW with a camera pointed at boats!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is connected or a Made man..only then he has a chance?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:39 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Latest update: Still no contract...

I made a modification to my webpage for the photos I recieved from other people and have posted on my site for your viewing pleasure. I didn't want to hear anything about a logo so I created my own for the page.
Attached Images  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i'll be down there with multiple camera if all goes well...and SHARKEY YOU GET FIRST PICK AT MY NEGATIVES !!!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
i'll be down there with multiple camera if all goes well...and SHARKEY YOU GET FIRST PICK AT MY NEGATIVES !!!
Thanks Bernie.
I hope the pics from Lake George brought back some memories....

Old 10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

of course they do...and good ones of couse especially pulling tantrum outta the bushes...lol
Old 10-31-2007, 08:06 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Quote by Andrew Kantor USAToday 12/29/05 Story: "New digital camera? Know how, where you can use it "

"You can take photos any place that's open to the public, whether or not it's private property. A mall, for example, is open to the public. So are most office buildings (at least the lobbies). You don't need permission; if you have permission to enter, you have permission to shoot. "

"You can take any photo that does not intrude upon or invade the privacy of a person, if that person has a reasonable expectation of privacy."

Old 10-31-2007, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the bottom line is you can take a picture wherever you want and pretty much do what you want with them. But the gray line and controversy starts when they are sold for a profit.

US: waver limits press' rights to sell photos

Photo face-off
Newspapers fight high school sports associations in Wisconsin and Louisiana over who has the right to sell pictures online.

Last edited by Lucididee; 10-31-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:07 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you sell the photo to the one you photographed - I assume, that is the same as Permission to film. If some one does not want to be filmed - stay home - dont go out - hide under the desk! Can you imagine these Offshore racers - not wanting to be photographed ? I cant - I think they would buy photos from anyone that fiilms them - remember - its a ego trip !

Quick Reply: Who owns the photos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.