Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   World's First Innercooled Turbo Diesel Outboard Announced! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/171880-worlds-first-innercooled-turbo-diesel-outboard-announced.html)

Maritime_Eng 12-10-2007 11:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone I know its been a while since we updated everyone on what has been going on at Maritime Engineering Group, Inc. We just finished building our second test boat and thought I should post a few pictures. Its a 2008 22ft Glassmaster with our 2.3L Diesel. Attached are a few pictures from Sunday. Hope to see you all out on the water!

Don Gardner
President
Maritime Engineering Group

Maritime_Eng 12-10-2007 11:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A couple more......

Maritime_Eng 12-10-2007 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And the last one for now!

Audiofn 12-10-2007 11:32 AM

Is that your own software for the engine diagnostics? How was the performance?

Maritime_Eng 12-10-2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2366169)
Is that your own software for the engine diagnostics? How was the performance?

Sorry I almost forgot about that..... With one person in the boat, 1/2 tank, 1.88 to 1 gears and a 22pitch prop I was at 39.6 MPH.

We are going to change the gears to 1.50 to 1 and do some prop testing and I feel that 45mph should be very easy. If I could find a 1 to 1 gear ratio I would really like to test it becasue then we would be in the upper 40's.

Now remember this is the small HP engine. We will have three options for HP once we are in production, the Largest will have twice the HP as the one tested here and have a higher RPM limit!

The Electronic guage reads J1939 code from the engine. We program the unit to read certain paramters we want to view and it just pulls the information out of the computer.

Don Gardner

Boat Doctor 12-10-2007 12:23 PM

who's lowerunit and clamp brackets are you guys using?

Maritime_Eng 12-10-2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Boat Doctor (Post 2366246)
who's lowerunit and clamp brackets are you guys using?

This unit here is our Mercury Retro fit kit. It allows a customer who has an old 3.0L Mercury to repower to our Diesel Engine.

Our full production version will use our own designed Lower and Midsection.

Hope this helps
Don Gardner

Jassman 12-10-2007 03:20 PM

What is the lead time before on the market place. Im building a 23 Albury brothers for the wife, and presently have a 225 Suzuki going on there. How is the performance, fuel burn, quietness of the 4 strokes compare to diesel OB. Thanks Jeff

Maritime_Eng 12-10-2007 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2366481)
What is the lead time before on the market place. Im building a 23 Albury brothers for the wife, and presently have a 225 Suzuki going on there. How is the performance, fuel burn, quietness of the 4 strokes compare to diesel OB. Thanks Jeff

Novemeber 2008 is when we fiqure to be in Production.

We will be doing a performance comparision in the near future and I will post it when we are done.

It is as quite as any four Stroke I have driven. All you hear is the slight sound of the turbo.

Jassman 12-10-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng (Post 2366626)
Novemeber 2008 is when we fiqure to be in Production.

We will be doing a performance comparision in the near future and I will post it when we are done.

It is as quite as any four Stroke I have driven. All you hear is the slight sound of the turbo.

Thanks for the info, the Albury will be done for the Miami show. Good luck, we need more diesel applications, whether OB, BB, or straight lighter 6's. Jeff