Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   World's First Innercooled Turbo Diesel Outboard Announced! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/171880-worlds-first-innercooled-turbo-diesel-outboard-announced.html)

Maritime_Eng 10-25-2007 05:30 PM

World's First Innercooled Turbo Diesel Outboard Announced!

1 Attachment(s)
PRESS RELEASE

October 25, 2007

Maritime Engineering Group, Inc of Ft Myers Beach, FL is proud to introduce the world’s first Turbo Charge Innercooled Diesel Outboard Engine. The new M.E.G. Vision Turbo Diesel will be available in 2.3L and 3.0L versions. Both outboard engines are common rail, electronic fuel injected, Tier 2 compliant and run on pump diesel fuel. The fuel rating on the 2.3L is 6 gallons per hour at wide open throttle. The engines are inline 4 cylinder with 16 valve direct acting double overhead cam. (DOHC). The outboards are electric, turn key start, with electronic throttle and shift. The shaft lengths are 20, 25, or 30 inches, and a counter rotating version will also be available. The charging system is fully regulated belt driven 50 amp. Exhaust is routed through the propeller and the cooling is by water with thermostat and pressure control. The lubrication is integrated dry sump and the oil capacity is 8 quarts. The weight of the outboards is 723 lbs.

Maritime Engineering Group, Inc is comprised of highly driven individuals with experience in the marine industry and a vision of making major improvements in the marine industry for the consumer as well as the dealer and boat manufacturer. For more information on the new M.E.G. Vision Diesel Outboard visit our website at www.megoutboard.com

1bagger 10-25-2007 05:43 PM

I can't believe it took you this long . First the fishing world will eat it up then Diesel fans like myself will push for a performance version . Good work . And lots of success .
Paul

Maritime_Eng 10-25-2007 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1bagger (Post 2317488)
I can't believe it took you this long . First the fishing world will eat it up then Diesel fans like myself will push for a performance version . Good work . And lots of success .
Paul

Thanks! I hope everyone likes it as much as we do. What do you mean it took you this long? :D

Don

320es 10-25-2007 06:03 PM

Very cool. What is the hp ratings of the two engines? OR at least what would they be compared to in the outboard world.

wrinkleface 10-25-2007 06:25 PM

Good Luck w/ this new product.

J-Bonz 10-25-2007 06:40 PM

Nice........... Good luck

BUIZILLA 10-25-2007 07:50 PM

that's awesome.... I want to be a dealer :)

f311fr1 10-25-2007 07:51 PM

More important what are the torque numbers @ what rpm. What about the gearing and and shafts in the drive train. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

f311fr1 10-25-2007 07:54 PM

Any test rides available?

BUIZILLA 10-25-2007 07:55 PM

does ANY outboard manufacturer publish torque numbers?