If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

It's Official: The Scarab is Sold...

With mixed emotions I watched my 1998 Scarab 22 being towed away by it's new owner about an hour ago. I had her six wonderful years. I spent more than just summers with her, I spent every winter in my heated garage, waxing, buffing, using q-tips to clean the engine compartment, etc, etc... This is the first place I'm turning to tell this.

The time has come to upgrade, but letting go of her and the feelings I have.... when it became reality.... is nothing that I could of predicted. So many memories and pictures.

I wrote in another area of OSO a few days ago that she almost seemed like an old friend and a member of the family... I know it sounds strange, but with reality setting in I have upgraded the pain of this transition to that of losing a girlfriend.

Pushing the stick (singular) forward on the new ride next spring will heal all wounds. But it's going to be some time to get over her.

My Boats:
    1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
    Mansfield, TX
    Congrats on the sale. Whats next?