If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    1969 Cigarette 28
    Midway City, CA

1969 Cigarette 28

My name is Phil Zisakis, I am sort of new. I have spent a little time looking for a project and ended up with the Cig discussed in this thread: A true classic on ebay

I removed all the carpet and glue from the floor and pulled the fuel tanks out. I have pressure tested them and was getting ready to reinstall. I was considering adding 1/2" fuel pickups and leaving the existing 3/8" for future return lines. I did a little research on the sight and it seems like I will be fine just leaving the 3/8" pickups. It has mild twin small blocks, later I will put in some hotter small blocks, maybe injected, but never big blocks.

Anybody starving thier fuelpump with 3/8" pickups running small blocks under 700HP? Your thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Phil Zisakis

My Boats:
    38 Fountain Fever with #4's, ok so it really 35
    In a box, s. side of chi town
    If you have them out and are going to put bigger motors in later it never hurts to increase your pick-up tubes diameter.