Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172276-shooters-shootout-cancelled-2008-loto.html)

kfreick 12-19-2007 09:21 PM

2008 Shootout In Lake Havasu

I just got an E-Mail from Jim Nicoles who puts on the Desert Storm Poker Run and hear theres gonna be a Boat Show and dinner Thursday night, the Poker Run will be bumped up to Friday, and a shootout on the Saturday after the Desert Storm Poker Run in Lake Havasu you boys should head out west for that.

Mentalpause 12-19-2007 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by kfreick (Post 2377932)
I just got an E-Mail from Jim Nicoles who puts on the Desert Storm Poker Run and hear theres gonna be a Boat Show and dinner Thursday night, the Poker Run will be bumped up to Friday, and a shootout on the Saturday after the Desert Storm Poker Run in Lake Havasu you boys should head out west for that.

Why

flat rate 12-19-2007 09:47 PM

Loto shootout is back on out of Captain Rons

PARADOX 12-19-2007 09:48 PM

<QUote> .......
During the history of the Shootout, the Missouri State Water Patrol has provided numerous officers contributing well over 100 man hours to the event each year to ensure the safety of the participants and observers. The Water Patrol recognizes the importance of this event to the Lake of the Ozarks community and will continue to consider applications with an acceptable course layout and location.

Let's do the math. 100 hrs X $25.00 per man hour for the "Safety crew" = $2,500.. Hell I through that in in a heart beat. I spend more on a Poker Run and these guys want to cancel ???? I used to go to LOTO back in the 70's. Now all the liberal Condo owners and the retired cops are putting a cloud over this event. GGRRRRRRRrrrrrr:mad:
Time to find a nother lake?? And I almost brought some property across Tan Tara.

dwtinc 12-19-2007 11:30 PM

The Shootout is happening at a new location. It has moved up the lake 11 miles.

GOODENUF4NOW 12-20-2007 06:54 AM

THE SHOOTOUT WILL GO ON. THE WATER PATROL GAVE THE OK FOR THE PERMIT TO CAPT. RONS AT THE 34 MILE MARK. THE COURSE WILL START AT THE BRIDGE AND RUN DOWNSTREAM. :evilb:

mjpcowboy 12-20-2007 10:13 AM

I think it is a mistake to move it that far up the lake. It will hurt attendance in my opinion.

Smitty 12-20-2007 10:21 AM

IMO I don't think there will be any less boats watching than before. C'mon we are all diehards and we will go 12 more miles to see it in person. I also think the speeds will go up due to calmer waters. Does anybody know if it is still on the weekend before Labor day ??

cfischer 12-20-2007 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by dwtinc (Post 2378023)
The Shootout is happening at a new location. It has moved up the lake 11 miles.

The ride to party cove on Saturday will be even more fun and interesting now!!!

Knot 4 Me 12-20-2007 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 2378320)
IMO I don't think there will be any less boats watching than before. C'mon we are all diehards and we will go 12 more miles to see it in person. I also think the speeds will go up due to calmer waters. Does anybody know if it is still on the weekend before Labor day ??

Haven't seen where they have announced a date yet but my guess is they will keep it on the same weekend. Hopefully more info will be available after the official announcement Friday morning. Those that aren't willing to run the extra 12 miles to go see it need to sell their boat and take up bowling! ;)