Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO >

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Notices

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Old 11-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been to it, but I'm always looking forward to reading about it. I would think some local, or national company would want to step up as the main sponsor. I know I would tend to do business more with someone who took on the financial, and logistical work of keeping this event running. Good luck fellows, I truly hope it all works out.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Banned

nO PRoblem we can get the no wake moved back, I have the parking area on 54 highlighted on the map. Top siders has the police direct traffic after they close, since we will be adding the police dept to the charity I'll go down and talk to the police chief tomorrow about them helping with traffic, shuttle is already takin care of, we also dont want people to have to drive on rock winding roads under the influence, so the shuttle will not only help with traffic problems, but keep people safer on the roads, We are putting the Performa together right now It looks like if we can get a few title sponsors we will be able to put it together at dog days, but we still need to get the petition started, Steve please get one started here if you have in any interest in sponsoring the races, we have to show we have committed people in place to get the races. was on the lake today, took pics of several areas along the race route, will post tonight, have 2 committment for boat manufacturers as sponsors so far. PM me if anybody has interest in being a sponsor, thanks jim
Old 11-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
nO PRoblem we can get the no wake moved back, I have the parking area on 54 highlighted on the map. Top siders has the police direct traffic after they close, since we will be adding the police dept to the charity I'll go down and talk to the police chief tomorrow about them helping with traffic, shuttle is already takin care of, we also dont want people to have to drive on rock winding roads under the influence, so the shuttle will not only help with traffic problems, but keep people safer on the roads, We are putting the Performa together right now It looks like if we can get a few title sponsors we will be able to put it together at dog days, but we still need to get the petition started, Steve please get one started here if you have in any interest in sponsoring the races, we have to show we have committed people in place to get the races. was on the lake today, took pics of several areas along the race route, will post tonight, have 2 committment for boat manufacturers as sponsors so far. PM me if anybody has interest in being a sponsor, thanks jim
Sounds great,keep on it
If this all comes together BUDDY 00 for president
Old 11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tlark
If memory serves, there is a shopping center thats nearly vacant with a lot of parking to the east of the bridge on 54. Shuttle service from this area and/or the Lake Regional Hospital perhaps.

I'm dreaming here, but would'nt it be neat to be able to use the north side of the two lanes on the Glaize Bridge for spectators. Too much traffic I know but what a view that would be.
That mall parking lot is never near vacant unless it is midnight - it is the busiest place at the lake. Not that it could not be used somewhat if the businesses in the mall would agree. It would be good for them as it would bring some extra business in. They would have to do some busses from there.

The downside of Dog Days will be parking for cars. It was not necessarily good at Shooters, but it will be worse at Dog Days. But if they can figure out a solution for that, it will be a great location.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 11-01-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

parking by car or boat would be a major problem at dog days. Not enough docks or parking lot.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I would think they would be able to turn this to a profitable event. I think we paid $100 for my boat to run at Loto. If you race with SBI the entry fee is about $1500 (I think thats what I use to pay). A Poker run is from $450 to $850 per boat. If each boat that ran was charged a decent entry fee equal to the entry fees of other events, That would be a huge amount of revenue in itself. Not sure how many boats in total ran in the even this year but I think that in itself would double what the past revenue has been and It wouldn't cost the spectators or the municipality anything.
yeh like 200 for single engine under 30, 300 for twins 32 and under, 33 to36 500, all boats over 36 to 40 700, over40 1000. that would change there minds I bet oh I would fit in the under 26 missing parts my fee you give me a 100
Old 11-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Outlawcowgirl
But, but, nooooooooooooooo!
I have to go back next year to defend my title and I am getting the prop labbed because I want to go 80 next year. This cannot be happening.
and I wanted to run you next yr if my body is fixed and boat put back together. ps get a 2''shortie if you can ,artimus
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
That mall parking lot is never near vacant unless it is midnight - it is the busiest place at the lake. .
I think he may actually be referring to the old Walmart, where Hardy's is on 54 which is in fact vacant most of the time.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Registered

what happen to shooters why is it closing?? slow, or old,
Old 11-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Registered

The parking lot adjacent to Randy's ice cream place would make a good spot to shuttle from. It would have to be run a lot like the races at the Toad were this fall. It wasn't the best, but it worked. Ramps at the state park would be close. Just brainstorming.......

Quick Reply: Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.