Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Old 11-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
what happen to shooters why is it closing?? slow, or old,

Both.

The biggest problem at the Lake is that you have to make a years worth of money in 4 months. In Shooters case, you have about 14 Saturdays. Its impossible for them to find enough people to work just on sat nights. So service sucked and they can't sell booze fast enough because they don't have enough employees. Kind of a revolving circle.

IMO, most of the businesses on the water are less crowded on weekend nights then they were 5 years ago. I really just think more people are partying at houses and condos instead of going out.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Both.

The biggest problem at the Lake is that you have to make a years worth of money in 4 months. In Shooters case, you have about 14 Saturdays. Its impossible for them to find enough people to work just on sat nights. So service sucked and they can't sell booze fast enough because they don't have enough employees. Kind of a revolving circle.

IMO, most of the businesses on the water are less crowded on weekend nights then they were 5 years ago. I really just think more people are partying at houses and condos instead of going out.
Griff, I completely agree with you. I know for myself and many others I know, going out at night is great, but I find hanging around the condo/docks at night is way more relaxing. Most of the establishments at the lake I visit are during the day for lunch, or to get off the water for a few hours, etc. Lets face it there's much better places to go eat on the lake than Shooter's.

6-7 years ago Shooter's was by far the biggest hot spot on the lake, but things are changing in the market and fast. Even Nico in Omaha isn't as busy as it once was.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyzq8
Griff, I completely agree with you. I know for myself and many others I know, going out at night is great, but I find hanging around the condo/docks at night is way more relaxing. Most of the establishments at the lake I visit are during the day for lunch, or to get off the water for a few hours, etc. Lets face it there's much better places to go eat on the lake than Shooter's.

6-7 years ago Shooter's was by far the biggest hot spot on the lake, but things are changing in the market and fast. Even Nico in Omaha isn't as busy as it once was.
A big part of the problem with Shooter's was the management. The last few years the place was always filthy and smelled like vomit all the time. I used to take my son there to play in the pool and the wife and I would enjoy some libations on the deck but it got to the point where it was just too nasty so we stopped going there.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I think he may actually be referring to the old Walmart, where Hardy's is on 54 which is in fact vacant most of the time.
Thats the spot.

If there is aequate signage at these lots and proper placement of law enforcement to allow access to D-Day shuttle runs could be expediant. Donation bucket inside a shuttle bus to offset the costs and/or proceeds to Lake Rescue.

Also allow some advertising banners to hang over the community bridge and glaize bridge for just this one weekend. Sell the spots and all $ goes to Lake Rescue, of course water patrol would have to approve but I would bet the local businesses would buy into that no prob.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
and I wanted to run you next yr if my body is fixed and boat put back together. ps get a 2''shortie if you can ,artimus
I got a line on one already!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlawcowgirl
MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine ran with 7.5 lbs for 400hrs and its still going.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
A big part of the problem with Shooter's was the management. The last few years the place was always filthy and smelled like vomit all the time. I used to take my son there to play in the pool and the wife and I would enjoy some libations on the deck but it got to the point where it was just too nasty so we stopped going there.
Got that right, the place did smell like vomit! I've been in better smealing outhouses.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyzq8
I've been in better smealing outhouses.

yes it was a terrible smeal

Looking at the map, I actually think this is a better location with respect to the water. Wider is better with respect to smooth water is it not ??
Old 11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered

coolI just got a new one to replace the stolen one so I went polished this time to make me feel better but I heard the non polished was faster. I am thinking about a ex box with the 3'' height built in that would but the drive 2'' under the keel and 12'' back otherwise with a standard unit it will be 12'' back and 5'' under the keel which I think would be to deep.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

coolI just got a new one to replace the stolen one so I went polished this time to make me feel better but I heard the non polished was faster. I am think about a ex box with the 3'' height built in that would but the drive 2'' under the keel and 12'' back otherwise with a standard unit it will be 12'' back and 5'' under the keel which I think would be to deep. with a 26b1 I was at 6000rpm at 83.2 gps so need a lab 30 to stay at 5400 to 5600. which should put me at 85 to 87. art

Quick Reply: Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.