Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO >

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Notices

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Old 12-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by kfreick
I just got an E-Mail from Jim Nicoles who puts on the Desert Storm Poker Run and hear theres gonna be a Boat Show and dinner Thursday night, the Poker Run will be bumped up to Friday, and a shootout on the Saturday after the Desert Storm Poker Run in Lake Havasu you boys should head out west for that.
Why
Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Loto shootout is back on out of Captain Rons
Old 12-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

<QUote> .......
During the history of the Shootout, the Missouri State Water Patrol has provided numerous officers contributing well over 100 man hours to the event each year to ensure the safety of the participants and observers. The Water Patrol recognizes the importance of this event to the Lake of the Ozarks community and will continue to consider applications with an acceptable course layout and location.

Let's do the math. 100 hrs X $25.00 per man hour for the "Safety crew" = $2,500.. Hell I through that in in a heart beat. I spend more on a Poker Run and these guys want to cancel ???? I used to go to LOTO back in the 70's. Now all the liberal Condo owners and the retired cops are putting a cloud over this event. GGRRRRRRRrrrrrr
Time to find a nother lake?? And I almost brought some property across Tan Tara.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Shootout is happening at a new location. It has moved up the lake 11 miles.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Registered

THE SHOOTOUT WILL GO ON. THE WATER PATROL GAVE THE OK FOR THE PERMIT TO CAPT. RONS AT THE 34 MILE MARK. THE COURSE WILL START AT THE BRIDGE AND RUN DOWNSTREAM.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

I think it is a mistake to move it that far up the lake. It will hurt attendance in my opinion.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:21 AM
VIP Member

IMO I don't think there will be any less boats watching than before. C'mon we are all diehards and we will go 12 more miles to see it in person. I also think the speeds will go up due to calmer waters. Does anybody know if it is still on the weekend before Labor day ??
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Originally Posted by dwtinc
The Shootout is happening at a new location. It has moved up the lake 11 miles.
The ride to party cove on Saturday will be even more fun and interesting now!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
IMO I don't think there will be any less boats watching than before. C'mon we are all diehards and we will go 12 more miles to see it in person. I also think the speeds will go up due to calmer waters. Does anybody know if it is still on the weekend before Labor day ??
Haven't seen where they have announced a date yet but my guess is they will keep it on the same weekend. Hopefully more info will be available after the official announcement Friday morning. Those that aren't willing to run the extra 12 miles to go see it need to sell their boat and take up bowling!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Those that aren't willing to run the extra 12 miles to go see it need to sell their boat and take up bowling!
Ditto KNOT , Bowling you mean Sewing & Kniting LOL Good to hear its ON AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.