Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO >

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Notices

Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Old 12-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm 2 minutes away...will go look today and post my findings.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
I'm 2 minutes away...will go look today and post my findings.
I'll be down all week next week. This will give me something to do.

The grade looked pretty steep to me too.

Haven't heard from Wild for awhile - have you seen him this winter?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gramp
driveway looks to be almost vertical as does the back. looks like alot of retaining wall blacks tobe put in place in front of garage, might be worth 699k when completed, needs alot of work.
The drive is fairly steep but not as bad as the picture reflects. The home was started in about 2003 and really had some long delays in the construction process with prolonged exposure to the elements---been kind of the eyesore of the neighborhood.

Had lunch at Captain Ron's on Saturday and they will be open until New Years and then close down until St. Patty's to complete the remodel--will be adding 5,000 ft. to the building.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I'll be down all week next week. This will give me something to do.

The grade looked pretty steep to me too.

Haven't heard from Wild for awhile - have you seen him this winter?
I haven't seen him since Key West but have talked, he's pretty busy with work...he and the Mrs. are going on the FPC Hawks Kay run with us end of Jan.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Went and looked at the Craigslist Porto Cima House located at #36 Grand Cove Dr.

Nice location on the water; nice protected cove (no wake in that area); nice home next door. The house is at the low end of Porto Cima waterfront homes; basic builders spec home and has been sitting a while. Lot is steep up top with a very steep driveway like most along that section of homes. Pallets are modular retaining wall block.
Attached Thumbnails Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0294.jpg   Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0296.jpg   Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0295.jpg  

Old 12-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is the left side, rear from shoreline and right side. Note the vines remnants on the left side.
Attached Thumbnails Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0299.jpg   Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0301.jpg   Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0304.jpg  

Old 12-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

These are looking thru the windows; first is thru the front door the other two are the lower level. Carpet was removed from the a portion of the lower level along with the bottom section of drywall...water damage likely.
Attached Thumbnails Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0298.jpg   Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0302.jpg   Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0303.jpg  

Old 12-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think the ad mentioned that the shoreline was 132 feet...as you can see it is not a straight line. No seawall although it appears the footing is in as there is vertical rebar exposed. Typical lots of this caliber would appraise for $3,000 to $3,500 per foot. I couldn't tell if appliances and fixtures are installed.

The house looks to be around 3,500 sf 4br (master upstairs, 3 downstairs) IMHO I'd guesstimate the value in the $600 +/- range as-is. A question to ask would be the status of membership (if any) in the country club. The memberships (there are various levels)had to be purchased along with the lot; I think that a full membership initiation fee is around $18k.
Attached Thumbnails Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO-img_0300.jpg  

Last edited by omerta one; 12-24-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
These are looking thru the windows; first is thru the front door the other two are the lower level. Carpet was removed from the a portion of the lower level along with the bottom section of drywall...water damage likely.
It sure looks like water damage to me, hopefully there's no mold growing anywhere, that could make it pretty hard to sell especially in this market right now.

I'm sure that's part of the reason it hasn't been finished by whoever has the note on it and is being sold "as-is, where-is", just like a commercial auction.

I had a friend that was dealing with someone down in this area with a partially completed house. I'm not sure if it's this the same one or not but they started in the somewhere in the mid $600K range, he made an offer at around $500K and last I heard they came down to $525K.

If it's been sitting like this since 2003 like was mentioned it might be had for a low number by someone with some spare change looking for a fixer-upper...
Old 12-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fountain4play
It sure looks like water damage to me, hopefully there's no mold growing anywhere, that could make it pretty hard to sell especially in this market right now.

I'm sure that's part of the reason it hasn't been finished by whoever has the note on it and is being sold "as-is, where-is", just like a commercial auction.

I had a friend that was dealing with someone down in this area with a partially completed house. I'm not sure if it's this the same one or not but they started in the somewhere in the mid $600K range, he made an offer at around $500K and last I heard they came down to $525K.

If it's been sitting like this since 2003 like was mentioned it might be had for a low number by someone with some spare change looking for a fixer-upper...
Yep...needs to be inspected for sure. There are also several other homes on that street in various stages of construction...looks like a couple of the others are spec as well. Someone should be able to pick this one up on the cheap.

Quick Reply: Shooters Shootout Cancelled for 2008 at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.