Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172356-tuff-28-goes-95mph-525efi.html)

FeverMike 11-07-2007 10:28 PM

How fast is a Reindl Bat Boat with a 525?

FeverMike 11-08-2007 07:54 AM

Pretty interesting thread...like most of you know there are fast smooth water boat and fast rough water boats....it depends on what you want and where you boat.

GT 11-08-2007 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by ToTheMax (Post 2330304)
I bet the Tuff with 600 will be at least 10 mph than the Howard. Just a matter of putting one in and lettin' in fly! Hail to the new 28' king!

Btw the pics are great, but it has to be seen up close to be truly appreciated

might be interesting to build a Howard 1000 lbs lighter with a higher X dimension and a 2" shorter drive and run some #'s to see how she does then:violent-smiley-045::D:D

I know all of the tests the magazines published were done with the stock all around performing set up,,,,,for low end, mid range, with a decent top speed.

LOL,,,,,,You guys are funny......................................

ON THE CHIP RACING 11-08-2007 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think all of you are crazy,a 27 activator with 525efi runs in the low 90s and can race OFFSHORE.The activator is a proven winner.this huff thing is a streched 21 superboat,lightweight no freeboard.take that out in 4 footers at 90 and you wont be coming home with much left.The joker guy is right on the mark.THE HUFF BOAT IS NICE FOR A LAKE BOAT.For the money I would like to be able to thrash it offshore as well as take the family out.If you want I will test it for you:D

bluellama 11-08-2007 01:54 PM

That's a great response.......

When you have no facts to back up your argument, call the other boat a "funny" name.....

You must rule the 4th grade playground.

RBT 11-08-2007 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ON the Chip, knowledge in rough water race conditions isn't needed here they have plenty......and it sure isn't a streched anything. It is an ALL NEW design.
As for lightweight, it's lamination is massive overkill for ANYTHING you can dream up.

GT 11-08-2007 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by CanDo (Post 2330808)
Great speed for that power, congradulations.

I am guilty of taking this thread off topic a bit also........

It is a great speed for the power in a 28 vee,,,,,,,no matter how light it is, or how it's set up. Not everyone races, and there is a bunch of nice water available where people would love to drive that Tuff28. As long as it meets the needs of the consumer that buys it,,,,,,,,,,Right?

RBT 11-08-2007 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by GT (Post 2330866)
I am guilty of taking this thread off topic a bit also........

It is a great speed for the power in a 28 vee,,,,,,,no matter how light it is, or how it's set up. Not everyone races, and there is a bunch of nice water available where people would love to drive that Tuff28. As long as it meets the needs of the consumer that buys it,,,,,,,,,,Right?

Winter must be setting in.

There are quite a few assumptions being made about his boat on this thread by people that have not seen it, been in it or even asked about it. They just feel they need to toss in there often biased opinion.
This boat is A LOT more capable in rough water than it has been assumed. Mark did state that the only thing he can relate to you is that it is smoother than a 29 Fountain (from Fountain owners, not him).. a lot bigger boat. Which incedently is another pad vee ( notice that On the Chip ).
Before any of you make assumptions......... go for a ride.

RT

BRD 11-08-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by RBT (Post 2330937)
Winter must be setting in.

There are quite a few assumptions being made about his boat on this thread by people that have not seen it, been in it or even asked about it. They just feel they need to toss in there often biased opinion.

RT

Ummmmm ... dude , what do you think OSO is all about ? Always remember what Denny Crane says ... " It doesn't matter what they talk about , as long as they are talking about you !":D

Tuff ..... Sweet boat ! Great number ! I hope to check one out in person one day ! Looks like a perfect boat for Lk George... can you make it in red? :cool: