TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi >

TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Notices

TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Old 11-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great response.......

When you have no facts to back up your argument, call the other boat a "funny" name.....

You must rule the 4th grade playground.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:31 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

ON the Chip, knowledge in rough water race conditions isn't needed here they have plenty......and it sure isn't a streched anything. It is an ALL NEW design.
As for lightweight, it's lamination is massive overkill for ANYTHING you can dream up.
Attached Thumbnails TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi-tuffnuff.jpg  

Last edited by RBT; 11-08-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
GT
Registered

Originally Posted by CanDo
Great speed for that power, congradulations.

I am guilty of taking this thread off topic a bit also........

It is a great speed for the power in a 28 vee,,,,,,,no matter how light it is, or how it's set up. Not everyone races, and there is a bunch of nice water available where people would love to drive that Tuff28. As long as it meets the needs of the consumer that buys it,,,,,,,,,,Right?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT
I am guilty of taking this thread off topic a bit also........

It is a great speed for the power in a 28 vee,,,,,,,no matter how light it is, or how it's set up. Not everyone races, and there is a bunch of nice water available where people would love to drive that Tuff28. As long as it meets the needs of the consumer that buys it,,,,,,,,,,Right?
Winter must be setting in.

There are quite a few assumptions being made about his boat on this thread by people that have not seen it, been in it or even asked about it. They just feel they need to toss in there often biased opinion.
This boat is A LOT more capable in rough water than it has been assumed. Mark did state that the only thing he can relate to you is that it is smoother than a 29 Fountain (from Fountain owners, not him).. a lot bigger boat. Which incedently is another pad vee ( notice that On the Chip ).
Before any of you make assumptions......... go for a ride.

RT
Old 11-08-2007, 06:43 PM
BRD
Registered

Originally Posted by RBT

There are quite a few assumptions being made about his boat on this thread by people that have not seen it, been in it or even asked about it. They just feel they need to toss in there often biased opinion.

RT
Ummmmm ... dude , what do you think OSO is all about ? Always remember what Denny Crane says ... " It doesn't matter what they talk about , as long as they are talking about you !"

Tuff ..... Sweet boat ! Great number ! I hope to check one out in person one day ! Looks like a perfect boat for Lk George... can you make it in red?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RBT

This boat is A LOT more capable in rough water than it has been assumed. Mark did state that the only thing he can relate to you is that it is smoother than a 29 Fountain (from Fountain owners, not him).. a lot bigger boat. Which incedently is another pad vee ( notice that On the Chip ).
Before any of you make assumptions......... go for a ride.

RT
I have nothing against a 29 Fountain but that's not a great rough water boat by the way. I 've been on this board since 2000 and I've taken plenty of heat. I've also been building offshore race boats since 2000 and I've never even built a full blown pleasure boat. All of my boats have been race boats and our record speaks for itself ( close to 35 wins in rough water) and National and World Titles. I have nothing against the TUFF or the maker. It looks like a great boat and I wish him the best but expect competition and talk on this board if you want to come on here bragging about speeds , etc. Back it up in the ocean in OPA and then we'll buy you a beer. Also the pictures you enclosed are all cats. I have a little North of The Border experience by the way , I won the 1999 Canadian Grand Prix / Toronto in F1.

Brian Hollis
www.JokerPerformanceBoats.com

PS. You ragged me pretty good this Spring for building Tyler a solid glass bottom in our new 26 Joker. Rack up another Championship for the 1st 26 we built. Also call Tyler and ask him what his favorite boat is that he's ever owned.

Last edited by THEJOKER; 11-08-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

I think all of you are crazy,a 27 activator with 525efi runs in the low 90s and can race OFFSHORE.The activator is a proven winner.this huff thing is a streched 21 superboat,lightweight no freeboard.take that out in 4 footers at 90 and you wont be coming home with much left.The joker guy is right on the mark.THE HUFF BOAT IS NICE FOR A LAKE BOAT.For the money I would like to be able to thrash it offshore as well as take the family out.If you want I will test it for you
Everyone is free to speak their mind, you can even make fun of my name... BUT I do take offense when someone claims that I copied the TUFF 28 from something else.
Yes the TUFF 21 is related to the Challenger,
BUT I did not spend hours with the CAD guy drawing out the lines of the TUFF 28 and testing with model after model to have someone claim it is a stretched Challenger. If you actually came here and looked at both the 21 and 28 you would see the lines are different and no proportion are the same. ... And I guess the new TUFF 15 that I'm designing is just... what...a squished Challenger... Can no one other that George draw anything? Come on!
Attached Thumbnails TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi-model-28-002-c.jpg   TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi-tuff-model-b-005-640.jpg   TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi-tuff-model-b-010-640.jpg  

Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Registered

Settle this like men. A shootout on Georgian Bay - no matter what the weather - Summer 2008.

Georgian Bay can get downright nasty. Ocean has nothing on it - nothing.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Registered

OPA 500 CLASS run at ocean city md or point pleasent nj there is allways swells and chop on top and a lot of people on the beach and pits who could end up being buyers if you stay with the pack as in JOKER 26, 28 ,SUPERBOAT Y2K, 30 OB,ACTIVATOR 27, MAG27 AND OTHERS ITS A GREAT CLASS and bring your OB and 525 TUFFs will fit in class break out is 75mph. and guys win in the corners keeping close to break out speeds in the rough. or 400 class which is a 80mph . art
Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ON THE CHIP RACING
I think all of you are crazy,a 27 activator with 525efi runs in the low 90s and can race OFFSHORE.The activator is a proven winner.this huff thing is a streched 21 superboat,lightweight no freeboard.take that out in 4 footers at 90 and you wont be coming home with much left.The joker guy is right on the mark.THE HUFF BOAT IS NICE FOR A LAKE BOAT.For the money I would like to be able to thrash it offshore as well as take the family out.If you want I will test it for you
Anyone can throttle your boat and win, it drives itself

Last edited by masher44; 11-08-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Quick Reply: TUFF 28 goes 95mph with 525efi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.