Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Old 11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Peppers Will Be There
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

There is a similar type thread going on over at MidwestBoatParty with respect to volunteers. Is this one in the same.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tlark
There is a similar type thread going on over at MidwestBoatParty with respect to volunteers. Is this one in the same.
Some of the same people are on both sites but OSO has a much wider membership which will be needed to get this thing going full speed as quickly as possible.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
Fountain 4 you hit it on the head, First off as I've mentioned captain Rons is good location for smoother water only, can't see the races from bar, no parking at all, not even close to enough docks, too far away so most people wont go up there , but the killer is there is no possibility for tv coverage, that is a show stopper, Toad already has 1 event and is in lake ozark, not Osage Beach which is where it has been for 20 years and the city will do whats necessary to keep it there, Water patrol feels they cannot shut off the lake there because it is too large of an area to patrol and has could not shut off that area because it is so far downstream and no one could get to the rest of the lake, also they feel the water conditions there would be too dangerous for 200mph runs, There has already been 2 locations presented to water patrol for Dog Days, I believe as does water patrol that the safest place to have it is near the original shooters course, only run it upstream towards paradise, they also feel the state park needs a chance, both locations have been mapped in detail and submitted to the Regatta permit committee by Dog Days, We hope it stays in Osage Beach where it has been and where the heaviest lake population is concentrated to make it accessible to the greatest number of people to generate most money for the charities, We have put in our best shot at it, but ultimately keeping it alive and the providing
a huge economic draw to all Osage Beach business's and to inject money into local fire and police dept's to keep the area safe, good luck to everyone.

Why do you constantly tear apart the other potential sites? I would have to beleive the WP and other governing bodies look at this website. We all know you want Dog Days to get it, but lets not tear apart the other proposals for the WP to see. We all know Dog Days is the best location, with the best parking, best docks, and the Shootout can be televised there. You have made your point. OSO is not the decision makers for this; let the WP and others make their own unbaised decision.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by tlark
BuddyOO = wiggler4490
Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Banned

I'm simply informing the members here of important facts of relevance that have been relayed to me thru my week of research for the best overall shootout experience and success. I believe not being able to televise the event is a fact everyone who goes to view and support the event are entitled to know about, I'm not aware of anyone on water patrol that would be on this site, and that is not why I'm posting these facts, sorry you feel that way, and at this late date I just hope someone gets it and keeps the event going, but the longer it takes to get a decision the more apt the event will not have time to be properly organized.good luck to all
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep giving the facts buddy oo. There will always be someone than wants it at there favorite location but the bottom line is, LETS KEEP THE SHOOTOUT!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
I'm simply informing the members here of important facts of relevance that have been relayed to me thru my week of research for the best overall shootout experience and success. I believe not being able to televise the event is a fact everyone who goes to view and support the event are entitled to know about, I'm not aware of anyone on water patrol that would be on this site, and that is not why I'm posting these facts, sorry you feel that way, and at this late date I just hope someone gets it and keeps the event going, but the longer it takes to get a decision the more apt the event will not have time to be properly organized.good luck to all
Your completely right, televised is an important part in my mind. It's almost a better experience than being tied up in the spectator line.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mpally
Why do you constantly tear apart the other potential sites? I would have to beleive the WP and other governing bodies look at this website. We all know you want Dog Days to get it, but lets not tear apart the other proposals for the WP to see. We all know Dog Days is the best location, with the best parking, best docks, and the Shootout can be televised there. You have made your point. OSO is not the decision makers for this; let the WP and others make their own unbaised decision.
It's all going to come down to who puts forth the best package and that would include everything from parking, access to the course, participants and spectator safety and other things such as media coverage...

I don't doubt some local officials are one "OSO" but it's highly improbable that anyone in an official capacity with the WP are monitoring this site, they surely have better things to do than to look at differing voices from the grandstand.

Let's just hope something gets finalized as soon as possible to allow whomever is the successful party to have enough time to organize the event properly...
Old 11-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

WE'VE GOTTEN very few names for volunteers and only a handful of Sponsors, Ask for support from OSO, and not even a support thread, I appreciate the support for those who offered their time and $. We would need a ton more volunteers and Sponsors to pull off a successful shootout, thought there would be alot more support here but not much interest, it's too bad we were unable to get the support to prove to Water Patrol we had plenty off volunteers and financial contributions from Sponsors. Does'nt look very promising for 2008, maybe next year.

Quick Reply: Need Volunteers and Sponsors- LOTO SHOOTOUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.