Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Driving from ft. lauderdale. where should I stop on the way (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172613-driving-ft-lauderdale-where-should-i-stop-way.html)

jayboat 11-05-2007 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rascal (Post 2327686)
1. Take the Card Sound Bridge route into the Keys and stop aT Alabama Jacks, on the right just before the bridge, old keys at it's best..!!
2. The best couch fritters can be found at Hog Heaven, about MM85 ocean side.
3. Excellent breakfast at Mangrove Mike's in Islamorada, bay side.
4. Seven Mile Cafe for a great greasy burger,in Marathon
5. Best hideout/off the beaten track bar/grill : No Name Pub in Little Deer Key..

I could go on.

Is No Name Pub the place with the mousetraps screwed to the bar to hold your $$$ and keep it from blowing away?:D

THEJOKER 11-05-2007 12:53 PM

What's the name of the bar where you throw your beer bottles out the back window down a shoot?

cfischer 11-05-2007 02:57 PM

Hit Scarletts before you leave Lauderdale!!!

C M R 11-08-2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rascal (Post 2327686)
5. Best hideout/off the beaten track bar/grill : No Name Pub in Little Deer Key..

I could go on.

Rascal-

We're staying on Big Pine. This pub your talking about has to be somewhat close correct??

I'm looking for a place around that area to get a couple drinks before the group heads to KW.
:ernaehrung004:
-David

DonziChick 11-08-2007 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 2327799)
Is No Name Pub the place with the mousetraps screwed to the bar to hold your $$$ and keep it from blowing away?:D

I think it might be. Thrillseeker and I found it by accident on the Harley. We passed a big sign that said "You've found it" and we turned around to see what we'd found. In the hour or so that we were there, I'd say there were at least 6 phone calls from people either lost or asking directions :D

And go to Key Fisheries for the lobster rueben. I'll be down there in a month and half or so and can't wait!

Another place to go is Boondocks. On sundays they have a pig roast with all you can drink draft beer.

BOBCATMATHEWS 11-08-2007 11:22 AM

had lunch there on tuesday,it is hard to find,also try geiger key marina,mm 10,and hogfish bar and grill on stock island,also hard to find but great view and good food.

AH357 11-08-2007 06:53 PM

The No Name Pub is hard to find. It's way off US1 , located in a nieghborhood. Ask any locale and they will know where it is. Yes it is the place with mousetraps on the bar.It's about 5 years since I've been there, and it may actually be on Big Pine..

robpcfs 11-08-2007 07:19 PM

Dont forget to stop at South of the Border... Look close you'll probably see a sign or two..