Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172615-whats-going-fred-%40-trick.html)

Knot 4 Me 11-16-2007 12:52 PM

Joy, obviously you have never worked in a service oriented/customer facing business before. If the realities of that type of business are too much for you and your father, then it is best that the business ceases to exist. If you re-read the entire thread, its main tone was concern for your father. Most all of the negativity was towards the business and most of the complaints were very legitimate. Do not confuse this with personal attacks on your father, though in the end he is "the business". Sit back and look at some of the complaints and apply a similar set of circumstances in your day to day dealings with businesses. How would you feel and react? In the beginning, all your father had to do was communicate and all would be well. In the end, all your father would have to do is communicate and most all would be well. It is a shame he has decided to remain silent.

VetteLT193 11-16-2007 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old (Post 2338012)

No, I will not be responding. No, my father will not be responding.

Does that mean Trick is going out of Business???

bouyhunter 11-16-2007 12:56 PM

I actually feel some compassion for Fred and Joy - and family..
Her reply is a bit harsh, but look in the mirror. Are you the guy that had an unreasonable request, and expected to have it done overnight just so you could make tomorrow's Poker Run.
Spoiled rich kid?? Maybe?? Yeah, I've been guilty of being that guy too - I'll admit it. Times change, and the $$ ain't where it used to be.
I'm not one of the rich boys around here, and I think her take on the performance boater, for the most part, is probably correct. I'm lucky to be able to play in this game, and most here would probably look at my boat and think nothing of it. But it means a helluva lot to me.
That being said, lack of communication is the biggest problem here.
Fred, Joy, I'm very sorry that this has all come about. I'm certain you will make good on your outstanding transactions.
Fred, I consider you a friend of many years - keep your chin up.

THEJOKER 11-16-2007 12:57 PM

Joy:

Delete your post. It ain't helping your father or Trick at all. Very , very unprofessional.

tomtbone1993 11-16-2007 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old (Post 2338012)
First, I want to introduce myself. My name is Joy. I am the daughter of Fred. I was told that the new convo on OSO was about bashing my father. Having a little fire in my blood after reading this, it has driven me to respond.

First, let me tell you what's it's like trying to serve your breed of customers.

My father began this company as a hobby because he had such a passion for powerboating. It was apart of his life and he has made it a part of mine. He spent countless hours in our home packaging parts until it became successful enough to transform into an actual business. Both of my parents, as well as James, put forth massive amounts of effort into this business. But eventually my father began boating less and less and his passion for boating began to diminish. I never understood why until I began working at Trick. Never in my life have I dealt with so many SPOILED & RUDE middle aged men. So many of the customer's had unrealistic expectations with time frames on anticipated delivery. Especially with custom parts. The BIGGEST thing that surprised me was how people would complain about cost! As you all know, Trick was based on providing its customers with parts for the lowest prices possible. Needless to say, my experiences with a majority of our customers caused me to lose interest in boating as well. There was no fun in it anymore. I thought about boating and associated it with rude individuals.

It baffles me that so many of you are concerned with Trick Marine and "Where's Fred?!" How you could spend countless hours on here bashing my father....MANY OF YOU ARE ALSO PEOPLE THAT I AM SURE MY FATHER UNSELFISHLY GAVE HIS TIME TO GIVE ADVICE OR HELP. Sometimes I wish people could step back and possibly look at the big picture but it doesn't seem to work that way. Instead, you try to add fuel to a fire, stir the pot a little & see how far you can go in bashing my father. Needless to say alot of you seem to forget all the kind things my father has done; taking so much of his time to answer questions of clueless boaters, refunding products because after the part sat unused for months until the customer decided no to used it, but most of all I WATCHED BOTH OF MY PARENTS SPEND HOURS ON END WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF TO MAKE A BUSINESS SUCCEED.

I assure you that those with pending transactions will be taken care of. I know it's hard & you are used to having to wait, but with due time your transaction will be handled properly. Whether it'r refunding your money or shipping you the order originally placed.

Its really bothers me that my parents put forth so much time & effort to have people piss on them. It just goes to show that no matter how hard someone may TRY, you just can'y please people. I guess it would be a cold day in hell to ever think many of you would ever attempt actually be concerned with my father & what might actually be happening.

That's all I have to say. I have been as nice as possible about the situation. To those you know my father and/or mother and appreciate what they have done for you, I extend my thanks. Its customers like you that make dealing with so much bull**** worthwhile.

No, I will not be responding. No, my father will not be responding.

I'm sure this will light the thread on fire for all you fire starters. Have fun with it.

Warmest Regard,
Joy Cecil

WOW.........

Audiofn 11-16-2007 01:00 PM

Joy by the way if you want to see spoiled customers, try working in my industry (Home Automation) for a day. I have customers call me up yelling at me because one of their 7 theaters has a small bug and I need to fix it imediately. I have not had a single vacation go past were I did not have to get in my car and drive back home to take care of some small issue because it is the end of the world that their TV is not working. I have driven home because a customer has yelled at me that his AC was not working and found out that another guy working on the house unplugged the system from the wall. I plugged it in and drove back up to Maine. It is BUSINESS!!! So if you think you are the only one dealing with stuff like that you have a LOT to learn.

dwtinc 11-16-2007 01:01 PM

Hey I was one of the few that said my order was deliver as promised a couple of months ago. I have read all of this and nobody at all said anything bad about Fred or wish him bad luck. Most was truly concerned that something bad happen and ofering thier help. All this was about is the so called bad people ( your customer base) wanted what they paid for and was promised sometime ago. Sorry for the inconvience of being a customer for the sole reason of you being a sponsor on OSO and on MWPB. I assure you that this was a strange way to thank your many customers and hopefully Fred will grow some balls and explain to everyone that you had no right representing him. Teague I am sure will be there for all of us for years to come and they have always been nothing but honest and always delivered on time even when my order from your dad was sent by them.

tomtbone1993 11-16-2007 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by VetteLT193 (Post 2338074)
Does that mean Trick is going out of Business???

If they where fed up with the bizz.....should have just sold out vs. comming to this. At one time Trick Marine had a bullet proof reputaion

BOSSMAN 11-16-2007 01:04 PM

I don't think future business is of any concern with them. When ebay is the main business contact to dump your remaining stock that to me means the end. The comment on not knowing what is really going on with her father makes me think what good he really tried to do but now has made himself sick over how it is turning out. Having a business go bad is not easy to take but it still is wrong to just stop communicating. Talk to your credit card companies quick.

WesSmith 11-16-2007 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89 (Post 2338035)
I have personally stayed off this thread, but I just have to say......

My husband and I own our own business Joy.

While I understand your anger towards some of the comments that have been made regarding your father and his company, it is IMO poor taste to post what you did.

Business is about communication and making the customer happy, even when the news isn't what the customer wants to hear. If there are personal reasons that are affecting your business dealings, then it becomes YOUR responsibility to address it firsthand with your customers.

Your judgement was poor today Joy Cecil, done on a personal level vs a professional level.

I hope for your business sake it does not come back to bite you.

This may be the most intelligent post on this thread.