Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172615-whats-going-fred-%40-trick.html)

Payton 11-19-2007 07:32 PM

All this really makes me sick. I have had the utmost respect for Fred. I really hope all is well with him and his family. This just doesn't seem like normal TOO Old's way of doing bussines.

I really feel for all you guys on the hook for parts from a bussines that sure apears to be shutting down, by liquidating remaining parts on Ebay.

PhantomChaos 11-19-2007 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Heath@TrickMarine (Post 2341546)
I will keep this short and sweet since I'm not sure what to think of this situation yet, I worked for Trick marine about a year and a half ago and left because the business was run very un-professionally...I won't go into the major details out of respect for Fred but I saw this coming a long time ago and to save my own reputation I decided it was best for me to step away from the company...The store inventory message does not surprise me however since I was present when he closed another business of his in the same fashion...I do know that Fred has always had the best of intentions but didn't quite handle business the way it should be handled...for the most part it was because of employees with lack of experience and knowledge in the boating industry taking customers orders....I sincerely hope that he makes the right decison with regards to the people he still owes parts to including myself.

-Heath Blondin

Sounds like trying to turn a hobby into a business..... :readinghelp::argue::readinghelp:

US1 Fountain 11-19-2007 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP (Post 2341712)
Something had to be up a year or more ago when the big change in suppliers happened first Trick (lost or dropped) KE and CP Performance, then switched Header and Gauge manufacturers.

Yep, I thought back then that the writing was on the wall with those changes. Plus we all know Fred doesn't stick with anything to long. Look at the number of boats and businesses he's had. ;)

FASTTIMES 11-19-2007 09:18 PM

I think this thread being "unlocked" brought back speaks volumes

Audiofn 11-19-2007 09:21 PM

I am very happy to see that this thread is back open again. I think that Fred if he wants can come on OSO or S&F and explain what is going on. If he needs help with things he knows that there are TONS of people on this board that would be more then willing to help him out. Short of that people on the web need to know what is going on and be protected as best they can. I unfortunately think that we are just scratching the surface of this mess. National Marine of the parts business?

Chris288 11-19-2007 10:01 PM

I would venture to guess 99% of his business and customers can be directly attributed to the many boating message boards he frequented and it's members. I'd also venture to guess 99% of the customers are rational and never expected anything more than what they were promised in the time-frame it was promised in. Your always going to have the select few that no matter what you do they will not be satisfied, but the membership here on OSO I'd say are few and far between, I could be wrong... I truely believe Fred tried his best and had all the good intentions in the world, he tried to turn a hobby into a business. I also think he sold stuff he claimed to have in stock that he didn't, delays from the suppliers compounded the lies and delays, bringing this to where it seems to have gone. He seemed to basically dissapear about a year ago and posted less and less frequent. He built a business and made a living around the membership of various message boards, he should man-up and give these same people that supported and defend him an explanation instead of handling it the chicken chit way it has seemed to go...

Tony Montana 11-19-2007 10:48 PM

Anyone else notice he is not listed under Advertiser any more:food-smiley-007:

PhantomChaos 11-19-2007 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 2341897)
Anyone else notice he is not listed under Advertiser any more:food-smiley-007:

Where????

http://www.offshoreonly.com/links/browselinks.php?c=5

Pwrbt33 11-20-2007 06:33 AM

The link may still be there but it wouldn't work when I clicked on it to go to his site.

MAN UP Fred.:(