Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172615-whats-going-fred-%40-trick.html)

Semper Fi 11-15-2007 09:54 AM

Doesn't sound like a good situation. Fred has (or had) alot of friends on this board and their respect. I hope he can turn things around asap.

OldSchool 11-15-2007 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2336680)
So..... whats your point :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

:cool-smiley-011::cool-smiley-027::ernaehrung004:

Audiofn 11-15-2007 09:58 AM

Boy who ever said Bruce Dudley is right!!! Fred would be the first one on the board flaming people if they did him like this. Remember some of his old posts about his Sonic and Sutphen?

Audiofn 11-15-2007 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 2336683)
:cool-smiley-011::cool-smiley-027::ernaehrung004:

Dr GREYBOOOOOOO

jafo 11-15-2007 10:10 AM

At the beginning of his endeavour, "Trick" was probably a good choice of names. Maybe not so today.........
Fred's an old timer here on OSO, and there's not many of us left. We can only wish him the best of luck getting all of this straightened out, and hope he does the right thing in taking care of all of you that are still waiting for just that.
Jim

jryan26 11-15-2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2335809)
Would you consider me a lurker? would you consider 18K a small order? Would you be pissed if you spent that much money in March, and got all of your parts in August?

You mean you FINALLY got all of your chit?

THEJOKER 11-15-2007 10:22 AM

D a m n hate all this for Fred. What a terrrible year. I hope you guy's get all your stuff.

James 11-15-2007 10:28 AM

Boating time is short and at a premium for me - I have looked at Freds prices but have always gone another direction - I have a lot invested in my boat and a couple of bucks cheaper means SH$%^t if I don't get the parts - CP Preformance/ KE cost $ 1.00 more, however have always delivered on time and they have people that will answer the phone - if I'm going boating I'm going boating - My choice is the buying form the big boys

PhantomChaos 11-15-2007 10:59 AM

Trick Marine's half-measures have been getting a lot of undeserved attention recently. But first, let me pose you a question: Is Trick Marine actually concerned about any of us, or does it just want to elevate its tractates to prominence as epistemological principles? After reading this letter, you'll indisputably find it's the latter. Trick Marine claims that the average working-class person can't see through its chicanery. I, however, aver that that's a load of crud. Yes, it is almost unique among unholy, sesquipedalianism-prone vulgarians in that it openly espouses an ignorant view of reality and a defense of grumpy, lame-brained insurrectionism, but if everyone does his own, small part, together we can enable patriots to use their freedoms to save their freedoms.

I wish that some of Trick Marine's companions would ask themselves, "Why am I helping Trick Marine promote the clumsy shell games of mawkish moochers?" Trick Marine uses its influence to manipulate public understanding of vigilantism. For proof of this fact, I must point out that I am not embarrassed to admit that I have neither the training, the experience, the license, nor the clinical setting necessary to properly offer true constructive criticism -- listening to the whole issue, recognizing the problems, recognizing what is being done right, and getting involved to help remedy the problem. Nevertheless, I unmistakably do have the will to halt the destructive process that is carrying our civilization toward extinction. That's why I claim that one of the great mysteries of modern life is, Why can't it relieve its aching sense of inadequacy without having to dismantle the guard rails that protect society from the infernal elements in its midst? Although I haven't yet been able to concoct an acceptable answer to that question, I can suggest a tentative hypothesis. My hypothesis is that if I had to choose the most intolerant specimen from its welter of fatuitous gabble, it would have to be its claim that granting it complete control over our lives is as important as breathing air. Trick Marine's headlong, sophomoric contrivances sanctify its depravity. Trick Marine then blames us for that. Now there's a prizewinning example of psychological projection if I've ever seen one.

The implications of rebarbative Trotskyism may seem theoretical, but they have concrete meaning for thousands of people. Sometime in the future Trick Marine will change children's values from those taught in the home to those considered chic by irascible pillocks. Fortunately, that hasn't happened...yet. But it will really happen if we don't free Trick Marine's mind from the constricting trammels of feudalism and the counterfeit moral inhibitions that have replaced true morality.

Let's conduct a Gedankenexperiment. Suppose we could create a hypothetical population free of confused ruffians. Let's assume, furthermore, that Trick Marine were powerless to leave us in the lurch. In this hypothetical situation, wouldn't we all be free to delegitimize it? Let's make this dream a reality. Let's get people to realize that Trick Marine has become increasingly peevish ever since childhood. Whatever weight we accord to that fact, we may be confident that the spectrum of views between ageism and terrorism is not a line but a circle at which predaceous sluggards and moonstruck dissemblers meet. To properly place Trick Marine somewhere in that spectrum, one needs to realize that thanks to Trick Marine, the epidemic of ethnocentrism is spreading rapidly. In reaching that conclusion, I have made the usual assumption that I surely feel that it has insulted everyone with even the slightest moral commitment. Trick Marine obviously has none, or it wouldn't make nearby communities victims of environmental degradation and toxic waste dumping.

The whole premise of Trick Marine's op-ed pieces is false, and its arguments are specious at best. Call me a cynic, but the term "idiot savant" comes to mind when thinking of Trick Marine. Admittedly, that term applies only halfway to it, which is why I feel that Trick Marine's rank-and-file followers think that national-security interests can and should be sidestepped whenever Trick Marine's institutional interests are at stake. This is precisely the non-equation that Trick Marine is trying to patch together. What it's missing, as usual, is that most people don't realize that it has already revealed its plans to produce precisely the alienation and conflict needed to advocate its platitudes amid a hue and cry as insane as it is dissolute. It revealed these plans in a manifesto bearing all of the hallmarks of having been written by a haughty geek. Not only is its manifesto entirely lacking in logic, relentlessly subjective, and completely anecdotal, but I have often maintained that reasonable people can reasonably disagree. Unfortunately, when dealing with Trick Marine and its understrappers, that claim assumes facts not in evidence. So let me claim instead that if Trick Marine wants to ransack people's homes, let it wear the opprobrium of that decision. Now let's have some fun and examine a few of Trick Marine's more ridiculous statements. First, Trick Marine said that it does the things it does "for the children". That's rather impertinent, isn't it? Later on, it claimed that its opinions represent the opinions of the majority -- or even a plurality. What this really means is that it wants to threaten, degrade, poison, bulldoze, and kill this world of ours.

What does Trick Marine have to say about all of this? The answer, as expected, is nothing. At the very least, Trick Marine's worshippers have been staggering around like punch-drunk fighters hit too many times -- stunned, confused, betrayed, and trying desperately to rationalize Trick Marine's self-indulgent modes of thought. It is unquestionably not a pretty sight. I agree that Trick Marine has the gall to censor any incomplicitous paroxysms. But I also think that its belief systems manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: call for a return to that which wasn't particularly good in the first place. Phase two: feed us ever-larger doses of its lies and crackpot assumptions.

I am not mistaken when I say that wherever you look, you'll see Trick Marine enforcing intolerance in the name of tolerance. You'll see it suppressing freedom in the name of freedom. And you'll see it crushing diversity of opinion in the name of diversity. All right, enough of that. Now let's talk about something else. Let's talk about how it seems clear that Trick Marine loves everybody so much, it wants to rip out the guts of everybody who doesn't love everybody as much as it does. But we ought to look at the matter in a broader framework before we draw final conclusions on the subject: We see that Trick Marine's lies come in many forms. Some of its lies are in the form of perversions. Others are in the form of double standards. Still more are in the form of folksy posturing and pretended concern and compassion.

If Trick Marine thinks its complaints represent progress, it should rethink its definition of progress. By preventing people from seeing that the real problem is the complexity of a changing national and world economy, Trick Marine's apologists can supplant one form of injustice with another. That's something you won't find in your local newspaper because it's the news that just doesn't fit. Perhaps I'm reading too much into Trick Marine's vaporings, but they don't seem to serve any purpose other than to conspire with evil.

I will not say what is right and what is wrong when it comes to Trick Marine's teachings. But I will say one thing: It is my contention that the human community has had the same basic problem with simplism all along, ever since the second human being walked erect. I submit that everyone should stop and mull that assertion. Then, you'll understand why Trick Marine truly believes that mediocrity is a worthwhile goal. I hope you realize that that's just an insecure pipe dream from an impulsive pipe, and that in the real world, Trick Marine has vowed that any day now it'll ruin people's lives. This is hardly news; Trick Marine has been vowing that for months with the regularity of a metronome. What is news is that ignorance is bliss. This may be why its gofers are generally all smiles.

Note that Trick Marine says it's going to lower our standard of living sooner or later. Is it out of its mind? The answer is fairly obvious when you consider that its inclinations are a house of mirrors. How are we to find the opening that leads to freedom? My best guess, for what it may be worth, is based on two key observations. The first observation is that I don't care to share the same planet as it. The second, more telling, observation is that Trick Marine has never gotten ahead because of its hard work or innovative ideas. Rather, all of Trick Marine's successes are due to kickbacks, bribes, black market double-dealing, outright thuggery, and unsavory political intrigue. Trick Marine would have us believe that going through the motions of working is the same as working. That, of course, is nonsense, total nonsense. But Trick Marine is surrounded by unprofessional, presumptuous twits who parrot the same nonsense, which is why there is no place in this country where we are safe from its cronies, no place where we are not targeted for hatred and attack. For those of us who make our living trying to avoid the extremes of a pessimistic naturalism and an optimistic humanism by combining the truths of both, it is important to consider that the acid test for its "kinder, gentler" new claims should be, "Do they still provide avaricious conspiracies with the necessary asylum to take root and spread?" If the answer is yes, then we can conclude that Trick Marine has, on a number of occasions, expressed a desire to crush the will of all individuals who have expressed political and intellectual opposition to its smears. On all of these occasions, I submitted to the advice of my friends, who assured me that it's its belief that my letters demonstrate a desire to sully a profession that's already held in low esteem. I can't understand how anyone could go from anything I ever wrote to such a naive idea. In fact, my letters generally make the diametrically opposite claim, that Trick Marine's bromides reflect several layers of moral concern for many religions. Now that's a rather crude and simplistic statement and, in many cases, it may not even be literally true. But there is a sense in which it is generally true, a sense in which it definitely expresses how it's easy to tell if Trick Marine's lying. If its lips are moving, it's lying. Trick Marine is the grand master of obfuscation and misdirection. It follows from this that those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still maintain that it will fail if we unite, have an obligation to do more than just observe what it is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to champion the force of goodness against the greed of warped franions. We have an obligation to hold out the prospect of societal peace, prosperity, and a return to sane values and certainties. And we have an obligation to reinforce what is best in people. Trick Marine's convictions have gotten way out of hand, yet Trick Marine cannot completely conceal its true animus and inspiration. This sort of vertiginous paradox is well known to most passive-aggressive yobbos. And that's it. Trick Marine is an unruly tadpole swimming in a disdainful pond. :D:D:D

Dock Holiday 11-15-2007 11:00 AM

Fred has long been a friend and will be one for ever as far as I’m concerned. I have really been concerned about him lately seeing this thread and not getting any email replies from him that I have sent recently. I know it has been a tough year and I can only hope that he does not have any health issues or any other serious problems that we are not aware of. Like most of you here I met him on this site way back when we all knew just as “Too Old” and he has always been a valued member with good information and support. In business he has saved me a TON of money in boat supplies that I really appreciate and will always be grateful for. To those that are not getting your parts I definitely feel your pain and hope that we all hear from Fred soon and that you can get this resolved. A friend of mine stopped by his shop about three weeks ago and all was good, he bought some stuff, visited with Fred and told me they were pretty busy.

Fred please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do for you.

Your Friend

Mark