Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? >

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Notices

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You will recognize this next time he does it. That is generated from some web site. If you read the whole thing you were not to smart to start with so thos 10IQ points was a real hit
With all the holiday parties coming up I am gonna need every IQ point I can get.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

I agree with Dock. I think everyone should wait to hear the other side of the story. I realize that some have legitimate complaints and they should be addressed on an individual basis. Some are no more than I heard from someone that heard from someone etc-etc etc. I'd like to hear from Fred before passing judgement. I've learned the hard way----Never say more words than you can eat!!!! Lynching is against the law for a good reason.
Just my .02 cents.
Jay
Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a sad shame to watch this go down. I fear that it may be the end for Trick, with all the bad press between OSO, scream and fly and other lesser boards. I don't see any recovery from this, it's definitely a major blow. It's disheartening, knowing that Fred's a good man with good intentions, and he's a man I consider a friend. Regardless, seeing all the people who are out money, parts and time is also upsetting, and I can understand the frustration and anger coming from those who are still waiting.

I just hope that he's okay, it's not like him to just up and disappear like this.

Best wishes to everyone involved: Fred, James and waiting customers.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Fred has long been a friend and will be one for ever as far as I’m concerned. I have really been concerned about him lately seeing this thread and not getting any email replies from him that I have sent recently. I know it has been a tough year and I can only hope that he does not have any health issues or any other serious problems that we are not aware of. Like most of you here I met him on this site way back when we all knew just as “Too Old” and he has always been a valued member with good information and support. In business he has saved me a TON of money in boat supplies that I really appreciate and will always be grateful for. To those that are not getting your parts I definitely feel your pain and hope that we all hear from Fred soon and that you can get this resolved. A friend of mine stopped by his shop about three weeks ago and all was good, he bought some stuff, visited with Fred and told me they were pretty busy.

Fred please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do for you.

Your Friend

Mark
Old 11-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Fred a lot. I empathize his situation (been there, done that). Unfortunately, this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Hang in there, Fred.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

I debated on whether or not I should chime in, but decided to share a few thoughts with all of you anyway.

As a member, advertiser and even competitor of Trick Marine I would just like to say that Fred has been very much appreciated, at least from my perspective.

Fred has forced all of us in the marine industry to take a good hard look at our businesses and business practices and if you were not offering products at a fair price with outstanding customer service it was going to be hard to compete. On the other hand, you can only sustain slashing your prices for so long. There is not as much margin in this industry as some might think, so offering "rock bottom" prices is hard to do long-term. Regardless, in the end the consumer benefited.

Now I do not know all the details or the situation that Trick Marine is in, but I can tell you that this business is brutal and at times can suck the life right out of you. However, we do this because we are also avid boaters and have a genuine interest in serving the performance boat market. Unfortunately, despite your intentions, it is easy to find yourself in trouble in this business and quickly...I have been doing it 7 years and does not get any easier.

I only hope that Trick Marine can take care of those customers that are waiting on parts or credits, and Fred I wish you the best of luck on whatever you decide to do moving forward.

Sincerely,
Don B.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
I agree
Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Fred has long been a friend and will be one for ever as far as I’m concerned. I have really been concerned about him lately seeing this thread and not getting any email replies from him that I have sent recently. I know it has been a tough year and I can only hope that he does not have any health issues or any other serious problems that we are not aware of. Like most of you here I met him on this site way back when we all knew just as “Too Old” and he has always been a valued member with good information and support. In business he has saved me a TON of money in boat supplies that I really appreciate and will always be grateful for. To those that are not getting your parts I definitely feel your pain and hope that we all hear from Fred soon and that you can get this resolved. A friend of mine stopped by his shop about three weeks ago and all was good, he bought some stuff, visited with Fred and told me they were pretty busy.

Fred please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do for you.

Your Friend

Mark
Well said I agree
Old 11-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

What?!
thats why I deleted it, doesn't make sense I'm just pissed off at the world this week, so just do the same and I'm off this thread no more posting , and wont be checking it, but my cell is 617 833 3327 if someone wants to chit on. see yah
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered

It's a sad shame to watch this go down. I fear that it may be the end for Trick, with all the bad press between OSO, scream and fly and other lesser boards. I don't see any recovery from this, it's definitely a major blow. It's disheartening, knowing that Fred's a good man with good intentions, and he's a man I consider a friend. Regardless, seeing all the people who are out money, parts and time is also upsetting, and I can understand the frustration and anger coming from those who are still waiting.

I just hope that he's okay, it's not like him to just up and disappear like this.

Best wishes to everyone involved: Fred, James and waiting customers.

Nick, once again you've said everything I meant to say.

Quick Reply: Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.