Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? >

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Notices

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Old 11-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope Fred and his family are ok and if Joy read all of the posts she saw quite a few people expressed the same feeling.

Quite a few people came to Fred defense and extended a hand of help.

Fred did good by me when he first started and its a shame things soured on him. People are very understanding even in regards to money but they are not very understanding by being left in the dark.

What fueled this fire was the lack of communication.

This thread would have been put to bed long ago by this simple statement which Joy just made rather then seeming to shut down and have a fire sale on ebay

Originally Posted by Too Old
I assure you that those with pending transactions will be taken care of. I know it's hard & you are used to having to wait, but with due time your transaction will be handled properly. Whether it'r refunding your money or shipping you the order originally placed.

Warmest Regard,
Joy Cecil
Peace be with Fred and his family and hopefully anyone who has outstanding issues with him will have a good resolution.

If I was out money I doubt I would be as understand though
Old 11-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First, I want to introduce myself. My name is Joy. I am the daughter of Fred. I was told that the new convo on OSO was about bashing my father. Having a little fire in my blood after reading this, it has driven me to respond.

First, let me tell you what's it's like trying to serve your breed of customers.

My father began this company as a hobby because he had such a passion for powerboating. It was apart of his life and he has made it a part of mine. He spent countless hours in our home packaging parts until it became successful enough to transform into an actual business. Both of my parents, as well as James, put forth massive amounts of effort into this business. But eventually my father began boating less and less and his passion for boating began to diminish. I never understood why until I began working at Trick. Never in my life have I dealt with so many SPOILED & RUDE middle aged men. So many of the customer's had unrealistic expectations with time frames on anticipated delivery. Especially with custom parts. The BIGGEST thing that surprised me was how people would complain about cost! As you all know, Trick was based on providing its customers with parts for the lowest prices possible. Needless to say, my experiences with a majority of our customers caused me to lose interest in boating as well. There was no fun in it anymore. I thought about boating and associated it with rude individuals.

It baffles me that so many of you are concerned with Trick Marine and "Where's Fred?!" How you could spend countless hours on here bashing my father....MANY OF YOU ARE ALSO PEOPLE THAT I AM SURE MY FATHER UNSELFISHLY GAVE HIS TIME TO GIVE ADVICE OR HELP. Sometimes I wish people could step back and possibly look at the big picture but it doesn't seem to work that way. Instead, you try to add fuel to a fire, stir the pot a little & see how far you can go in bashing my father. Needless to say alot of you seem to forget all the kind things my father has done; taking so much of his time to answer questions of clueless boaters, refunding products because after the part sat unused for months until the customer decided no to used it, but most of all I WATCHED BOTH OF MY PARENTS SPEND HOURS ON END WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF TO MAKE A BUSINESS SUCCEED.

I assure you that those with pending transactions will be taken care of. I know it's hard & you are used to having to wait, but with due time your transaction will be handled properly. Whether it'r refunding your money or shipping you the order originally placed.

Its really bothers me that my parents put forth so much time & effort to have people piss on them. It just goes to show that no matter how hard someone may TRY, you just can'y please people. I guess it would be a cold day in hell to ever think many of you would ever attempt actually be concerned with my father & what might actually be happening.

That's all I have to say. I have been as nice as possible about the situation. To those you know my father and/or mother and appreciate what they have done for you, I extend my thanks. Its customers like you that make dealing with so much bull**** worthwhile.

No, I will not be responding. No, my father will not be responding.

I'm sure this will light the thread on fire for all you fire starters. Have fun with it.

Warmest Regard,
Joy Cecil
There are some, but we're not all like that, please re-read...you'll see that Your father is very well liked and befriended by many here and we wish you all the best, myself included, but there are also a good number of folks who have been entrenched with complications of doing business with Trick, this is fact, not a bash.

However, I must caution you, your inflammatory post may very well may be the last nail in the coffin. You cannot insult customers like that, I feel it's a huge lapse of judgment regardless of how emotionally engulfed you may be.

Last edited by CigDaze; 11-16-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:48 PM

First, I want to introduce myself. My name is Joy. I am the daughter of Fred. I was told that the new convo on OSO was about bashing my father. Having a little fire in my blood after reading this, it has driven me to respond.

First, let me tell you what's it's like trying to serve your breed of customers.

My father began this company as a hobby because he had such a passion for powerboating. It was apart of his life and he has made it a part of mine. He spent countless hours in our home packaging parts until it became successful enough to transform into an actual business. Both of my parents, as well as James, put forth massive amounts of effort into this business. But eventually my father began boating less and less and his passion for boating began to diminish. I never understood why until I began working at Trick. Never in my life have I dealt with so many SPOILED & RUDE middle aged men. So many of the customer's had unrealistic expectations with time frames on anticipated delivery. Especially with custom parts. The BIGGEST thing that surprised me was how people would complain about cost! As you all know, Trick was based on providing its customers with parts for the lowest prices possible. Needless to say, my experiences with a majority of our customers caused me to lose interest in boating as well. There was no fun in it anymore. I thought about boating and associated it with rude individuals.

It baffles me that so many of you are concerned with Trick Marine and "Where's Fred?!" How you could spend countless hours on here bashing my father....MANY OF YOU ARE ALSO PEOPLE THAT I AM SURE MY FATHER UNSELFISHLY GAVE HIS TIME TO GIVE ADVICE OR HELP. Sometimes I wish people could step back and possibly look at the big picture but it doesn't seem to work that way. Instead, you try to add fuel to a fire, stir the pot a little & see how far you can go in bashing my father. Needless to say alot of you seem to forget all the kind things my father has done; taking so much of his time to answer questions of clueless boaters, refunding products because after the part sat unused for months until the customer decided no to used it, but most of all I WATCHED BOTH OF MY PARENTS SPEND HOURS ON END WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF TO MAKE A BUSINESS SUCCEED.

Its really bothers me that my parents put forth so much time & effort to have people piss on them. It just goes to show that no matter how hard someone may TRY, you just can'y please people. I guess it would be a cold day in hell to ever think many of you would ever attempt actually be concerned with my father & what might actually be happening.

That's all I have to say. I have been as nice as possible about the situation. To those you know my father and/or mother and appreciate what they have done for you, I extend my thanks. Its customers like you that make dealing with so much bull**** worthwhile.

I'm sure this will light the thread on fire for all you fire starters. Have fun with it.

Warmest Regard,
Joy Cecil
Joy,

your father is a great guy who has helped a lot of us. You on the other hand sound like the spoiled little person that you are calling others. If you are the "official" Trick spokesperson, then Trick Marine is in a lot of trouble.

Your post is the most un proffesional and un business like comment that I have even seen from any company.

If this is the attitude of the entire Trick marine company, it will be out of business (if not already) in a very short time.

BTY, I haven't seen a single bash of Fred. Only of Trick. You better re read the posts, and learn to seperate them.

Last edited by 5325user; 11-16-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

Someone close to Fred needs to explain what the heck is going on, and why he is acting the way that he is, or he is never going to get any support from those who are owed money.

Come clean, explain what happened, and how you are going to right the situation, and maybe these guys may forgive, but you first MUST let everyone know what has happened.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Joy that is not a good way to help alleviate the concerns of your customers. Your father has an obligation to let his customers know why it is that they are not receiving their goods. TRICK MARINE is the only ones that can take the blame for all this, you over promissed and under delivered. DON'T be mad at your customer base for asking Trick Marine to do what you say you will. I am familiar with MANY people that had to waite MONTHS for product that they were told was in stock, and shipping tomorrow. Then it was oh I don't know what happened I will ship it tomorrow. Weeks later when the product finally arrived it was incorrect, missing parts and Fred got pissed at him!!! Then it took a few months for the credit to be issued. DO NOT blame your customers for this mess that TRICK MARINE created.

You are correct Fred has done a lot for people that boat. I woudl hate to see it all go for not because he blows off all his currect customers.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Joy........ sadly....lack of communication fuels speculation
Old 11-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Joy, obviously you have never worked in a service oriented/customer facing business before. If the realities of that type of business are too much for you and your father, then it is best that the business ceases to exist. If you re-read the entire thread, its main tone was concern for your father. Most all of the negativity was towards the business and most of the complaints were very legitimate. Do not confuse this with personal attacks on your father, though in the end he is "the business". Sit back and look at some of the complaints and apply a similar set of circumstances in your day to day dealings with businesses. How would you feel and react? In the beginning, all your father had to do was communicate and all would be well. In the end, all your father would have to do is communicate and most all would be well. It is a shame he has decided to remain silent.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Does that mean Trick is going out of Business???
Old 11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually feel some compassion for Fred and Joy - and family..
Her reply is a bit harsh, but look in the mirror. Are you the guy that had an unreasonable request, and expected to have it done overnight just so you could make tomorrow's Poker Run.
Spoiled rich kid?? Maybe?? Yeah, I've been guilty of being that guy too - I'll admit it. Times change, and the $$ ain't where it used to be.
I'm not one of the rich boys around here, and I think her take on the performance boater, for the most part, is probably correct. I'm lucky to be able to play in this game, and most here would probably look at my boat and think nothing of it. But it means a helluva lot to me.
That being said, lack of communication is the biggest problem here.
Fred, Joy, I'm very sorry that this has all come about. I'm certain you will make good on your outstanding transactions.
Fred, I consider you a friend of many years - keep your chin up.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joy:

Delete your post. It ain't helping your father or Trick at all. Very , very unprofessional.

Quick Reply: Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.