Whats going on with Fred @ Trick? >

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Notices

Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Old 11-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Too Old
First, I want to introduce myself. My name is Joy. I am the daughter of Fred. I was told that the new convo on OSO was about bashing my father. Having a little fire in my blood after reading this, it has driven me to respond.

First, let me tell you what's it's like trying to serve your breed of customers.

My father began this company as a hobby because he had such a passion for powerboating. It was apart of his life and he has made it a part of mine. He spent countless hours in our home packaging parts until it became successful enough to transform into an actual business. Both of my parents, as well as James, put forth massive amounts of effort into this business. But eventually my father began boating less and less and his passion for boating began to diminish. I never understood why until I began working at Trick. Never in my life have I dealt with so many SPOILED & RUDE middle aged men. So many of the customer's had unrealistic expectations with time frames on anticipated delivery. Especially with custom parts. The BIGGEST thing that surprised me was how people would complain about cost! As you all know, Trick was based on providing its customers with parts for the lowest prices possible. Needless to say, my experiences with a majority of our customers caused me to lose interest in boating as well. There was no fun in it anymore. I thought about boating and associated it with rude individuals.

It baffles me that so many of you are concerned with Trick Marine and "Where's Fred?!" How you could spend countless hours on here bashing my father....MANY OF YOU ARE ALSO PEOPLE THAT I AM SURE MY FATHER UNSELFISHLY GAVE HIS TIME TO GIVE ADVICE OR HELP. Sometimes I wish people could step back and possibly look at the big picture but it doesn't seem to work that way. Instead, you try to add fuel to a fire, stir the pot a little & see how far you can go in bashing my father. Needless to say alot of you seem to forget all the kind things my father has done; taking so much of his time to answer questions of clueless boaters, refunding products because after the part sat unused for months until the customer decided no to used it, but most of all I WATCHED BOTH OF MY PARENTS SPEND HOURS ON END WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF TO MAKE A BUSINESS SUCCEED.

I assure you that those with pending transactions will be taken care of. I know it's hard & you are used to having to wait, but with due time your transaction will be handled properly. Whether it'r refunding your money or shipping you the order originally placed.

Its really bothers me that my parents put forth so much time & effort to have people piss on them. It just goes to show that no matter how hard someone may TRY, you just can'y please people. I guess it would be a cold day in hell to ever think many of you would ever attempt actually be concerned with my father & what might actually be happening.

That's all I have to say. I have been as nice as possible about the situation. To those you know my father and/or mother and appreciate what they have done for you, I extend my thanks. Its customers like you that make dealing with so much bull**** worthwhile.

No, I will not be responding. No, my father will not be responding.

I'm sure this will light the thread on fire for all you fire starters. Have fun with it.

Warmest Regard,
Joy Cecil
WOW.........
Old 11-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Joy by the way if you want to see spoiled customers, try working in my industry (Home Automation) for a day. I have customers call me up yelling at me because one of their 7 theaters has a small bug and I need to fix it imediately. I have not had a single vacation go past were I did not have to get in my car and drive back home to take care of some small issue because it is the end of the world that their TV is not working. I have driven home because a customer has yelled at me that his AC was not working and found out that another guy working on the house unplugged the system from the wall. I plugged it in and drove back up to Maine. It is BUSINESS!!! So if you think you are the only one dealing with stuff like that you have a LOT to learn.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I was one of the few that said my order was deliver as promised a couple of months ago. I have read all of this and nobody at all said anything bad about Fred or wish him bad luck. Most was truly concerned that something bad happen and ofering thier help. All this was about is the so called bad people ( your customer base) wanted what they paid for and was promised sometime ago. Sorry for the inconvience of being a customer for the sole reason of you being a sponsor on OSO and on MWPB. I assure you that this was a strange way to thank your many customers and hopefully Fred will grow some balls and explain to everyone that you had no right representing him. Teague I am sure will be there for all of us for years to come and they have always been nothing but honest and always delivered on time even when my order from your dad was sent by them.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
Does that mean Trick is going out of Business???
If they where fed up with the bizz.....should have just sold out vs. comming to this. At one time Trick Marine had a bullet proof reputaion
Old 11-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

I don't think future business is of any concern with them. When ebay is the main business contact to dump your remaining stock that to me means the end. The comment on not knowing what is really going on with her father makes me think what good he really tried to do but now has made himself sick over how it is turning out. Having a business go bad is not easy to take but it still is wrong to just stop communicating. Talk to your credit card companies quick.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
I have personally stayed off this thread, but I just have to say......

My husband and I own our own business Joy.

While I understand your anger towards some of the comments that have been made regarding your father and his company, it is IMO poor taste to post what you did.

Business is about communication and making the customer happy, even when the news isn't what the customer wants to hear. If there are personal reasons that are affecting your business dealings, then it becomes YOUR responsibility to address it firsthand with your customers.

Your judgement was poor today Joy Cecil, done on a personal level vs a professional level.

I hope for your business sake it does not come back to bite you.

This may be the most intelligent post on this thread.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Fred best wishes on your next venture and I hope you have learned alot from this one. As for Joy, I don't feel anyone wishes you luck until you grow up.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered

LMAO... boo f-ing hoo.... what a joke.

Big Scotty would be vindicated
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I actually feel some compassion for Fred and Joy - and family..
Her reply is a bit harsh, but look in the mirror. Are you the guy that had an unreasonable request, and expected to have it done overnight just so you could make tomorrow's Poker Run.

Fred, I consider you a friend of many years - keep your chin up.
Are you kidding me???? This is the second most idiotic comment on here (I'll let you guess which one is first!). you really didn't have to tell us you've been a friend for many years...that was pretty obvious.

Expecting to have it done overnight?! YES if the situation calls for it. Ever hear of expediting an order?! Sure he should charge a premium for it but who wouldn't be trying to make a poker run the next day? I have been involved in almost all aspects of this industry and if Fred is so suprised by this then he obviously didn't do his homework. Powerboaters are some of the most demanding customers why? Because a lot (not all) are very successful at business and know how to get things done. They're not push-overs in the business world nor are they gonna be when it comes to their time and toys.

I warn anyone who is considering getting in this industry to do their homework and work at a similar business prior to opening their own. It is NOT the flash and glamour that you may think it is. It is a DEMANDING industry, and I wouldn't have it any other way...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Old
First, I want to introduce myself. My name is Joy. I am the daughter of Fred. I was told that the new convo on OSO was about bashing my father. Having a little fire in my blood after reading this, it has driven me to respond.

First, let me tell you what's it's like trying to serve your breed of customers.

My father began this company as a hobby because he had such a passion for powerboating. It was apart of his life and he has made it a part of mine. He spent countless hours in our home packaging parts until it became successful enough to transform into an actual business. Both of my parents, as well as James, put forth massive amounts of effort into this business. But eventually my father began boating less and less and his passion for boating began to diminish. I never understood why until I began working at Trick. Never in my life have I dealt with so many SPOILED & RUDE middle aged men. So many of the customer's had unrealistic expectations with time frames on anticipated delivery. Especially with custom parts. The BIGGEST thing that surprised me was how people would complain about cost! As you all know, Trick was based on providing its customers with parts for the lowest prices possible. Needless to say, my experiences with a majority of our customers caused me to lose interest in boating as well. There was no fun in it anymore. I thought about boating and associated it with rude individuals.

It baffles me that so many of you are concerned with Trick Marine and "Where's Fred?!" How you could spend countless hours on here bashing my father....MANY OF YOU ARE ALSO PEOPLE THAT I AM SURE MY FATHER UNSELFISHLY GAVE HIS TIME TO GIVE ADVICE OR HELP. Sometimes I wish people could step back and possibly look at the big picture but it doesn't seem to work that way. Instead, you try to add fuel to a fire, stir the pot a little & see how far you can go in bashing my father. Needless to say alot of you seem to forget all the kind things my father has done; taking so much of his time to answer questions of clueless boaters, refunding products because after the part sat unused for months until the customer decided no to used it, but most of all I WATCHED BOTH OF MY PARENTS SPEND HOURS ON END WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF TO MAKE A BUSINESS SUCCEED.

I assure you that those with pending transactions will be taken care of. I know it's hard & you are used to having to wait, but with due time your transaction will be handled properly. Whether it'r refunding your money or shipping you the order originally placed.

Its really bothers me that my parents put forth so much time & effort to have people piss on them. It just goes to show that no matter how hard someone may TRY, you just can'y please people. I guess it would be a cold day in hell to ever think many of you would ever attempt actually be concerned with my father & what might actually be happening.

That's all I have to say. I have been as nice as possible about the situation. To those you know my father and/or mother and appreciate what they have done for you, I extend my thanks. Its customers like you that make dealing with so much bull**** worthwhile.

No, I will not be responding. No, my father will not be responding.

I'm sure this will light the thread on fire for all you fire starters. Have fun with it.

Warmest Regard,
Joy Cecil

Boaters are a different breed. Most own businesses and spend 100's of thousands doing what they love. So you end up with impatient type A personality customers. Some advice Joy, delete your thread or you are going to be looked down on at any poker run or boating event...

Your father made a living on us... And as far as spoiled give me a break...

Last edited by BraceYourself; 11-16-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Whats going on with Fred @ Trick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.