Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need boat transported from Chicago (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172743-need-boat-transported-chicago.html)

Donzi Corleone 11-06-2007 06:11 PM

Need boat transported from Chicago

Looking for an estimate if I were to buy a boat in Chicago what it will cost to bring it to Tampa Fl. It's a 87 35 Formula weighing about 11k on a trailer. It would be around Dec. not around Christmas. I just need an estimate and a name in case I can't get it myself. I would be willing to meet in Georgia or Tenn.

bgchuby01 11-06-2007 06:26 PM

I was 2.00 per mile but in the last three weeks the price of fuel has gone up 35 cents a gallon so I am at 2.25 per mile one way with no hidden charges email me at ***********@aol.com

IDRPSTF 11-07-2007 05:37 PM

Wing,
Are you nationwide? Insurance coverage? How long have you been at this? Do Tell Do Tell???

StraightJacket 11-07-2007 10:49 PM

I'm suppossed to be driving down on Dec 1st for a lil vacation, I might be interested.

Brad Zastrow 11-08-2007 11:07 AM

I am always baffled by these posts for somebody (strangers) to haul a boat. Only let a professional carrrier haul it if unable to get it yourself. If anything should happen such as an accident or theft on the way it could a be a legal nightmare for both parties involved. For the person hauling for hire I am certain you have no insurance or CDL to cover you. For the boat owner you will most likely not be covered by insurance if the boat is not in your control.

Call "Tug Boat" they are Chcago based and run all over the country. 847-809-7110

offshore junky 11-13-2007 09:37 PM

Shipyard Marine a Formula boat dealer out of Green bay/Oshkosh Wi. Can transport it @ 2.95 a loaded mile. Fully insured,Licensed with the DOT,drivers with CDL's. We can deliver nationwide...

Visit our website www.shipyardmarine.com

bgchuby01 11-13-2007 09:48 PM

Brad it looks like he is asking for professionals to give a quote for his boat. I agree people who are not commercial get on these threads saying that they will haul your boat since they are heading in the same direction. They don't realize that there is no coverage if they pay someone that is not legal. I have found in Miami most haulers only have 50 to 100 thousand in cargo coverage. When I ask them how they can cover a semi new top gun, their answer is the boat owner has insurance. That don't work. Yet people give boats to them all the time. With todays fuel costs and insurance costs to have the proper cargo insurance, there are no deals any more.

Mackattack 11-13-2007 10:01 PM

Bigchuby helped me get my boat hauled from South Carolina to Louisiana, a Formula 382. I couldn't get the paperwork ready in time for him, so he referred me to another hauler who did an excellent job.

If you are worried, get the carrier to get his insurance carrier to issue you a certificate of insurance payable to you listing your boat.

Thanks Bgchuby for helping me get my boat hauled.

bgchuby01 11-13-2007 10:14 PM

On the insurance the most important thing is that they carry enough commercial cargo insurance so that if they total your boat the insurance has a high enough limit to replace the boat. I carry $500,000 which covers most boats and I can get a ryder if I need more.

US1 Fountain 11-13-2007 10:37 PM

Just for clarification,

If I let a buddy haul my boat across country behinds his truck and he totals the boat, my boat ins. will not cover it? I don't recall the policy stating that I am the only one able to tow it.

Thanks