Who Makes The Most Reliable Outboards

Notices

Who Makes The Most Reliable Outboards

Old 11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Who Makes The Most Reliable Outboards

Not trying to start a brand war, but am looking for the most trouble free, best warranty in the business. Looking in the twin 140-150 size or single 225,250 or possibly 300. This will be for a 23 CC for Sandy and the kids. This boat will be Primarily used for fishing, but skiing and tubing will be used on weekends. Thanks for the help. Jeff
Old 11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a Yamaha F150 for three years. Just add gas , change the oil and drive fulid occasionally. Everyone I know that has Yamaha 4strokes love them. I think Suzuki has the best warranty.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Unfortunately people are very loyal to certain brands so I don't think you'll get a very accurate depiction...may as well ask mechanics around the local boat yards instead of the OB owners....

Just my opinion!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered

Evinrude has made a great splash with their etec motors. If I were in the market I would give them a look.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

From what I read all over the boating sections on the fishing forums in that HP range it's between Mercury and Yamaha. Mercury has a 5 year warranty right now!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I like both Honda and Yamaha i think they do a great job. And both are offering extended warranties right now. I think between Honda and Yamaha its kind of like Ford vs Chevy. Just my 2cents
Old 11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
RHC
Registered

Jassman ,,, I think you have to look past the question of what is best ,,, Is is more important to me to have a good service dealer that is big enough to get the Manufacture's attention when I do have a problem ,,, I don't want to hear that I have to wait ,, I want to hear ,, the warranty will cover it , the parts are on the way ,, you will be back on the water by the weekend. that's why in my area I choose Mercury,, so far so good 55 maint free hours with 5 1/2 years left on my warranty .

RHC
Old 11-01-2007, 04:17 PM
RHC
Registered

Jassman ,,, I think you have to look past the question of what is best ,,, Is is more important to me to have a good service dealer that is big enough to get the Manufacture's attention when I do have a problem ,,, I don't want to hear that I have to wait ,, I want to hear ,, the warranty will cover it , the parts are on the way ,, you will be back on the water by the weekend. that's why in my area I choose Mercury,, so far so good 55 maint free hours with 5 1/2 years left on my warranty .

RHC
Old 11-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Merc

Run twin 225 Merc Opti's on my charter center console. 1000 trouble free hours so far. Start 'em and they run all day and then they're stopped at the dock when I bring the customer's home. Gas and oil, (and not much oil I might add). Also, regular maintenance parts and service is easy to come by. I broke, (my fault - not the motor), a throttle position sensor and the shop at the marina had them in stock. Service and support are very important. I've heard kinda bad things about after sales support from Yamaha, (the other outboard common in my area).
Old 11-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RHC

RHC

Thats a good point.. I will have to check with eric at Mid Stream Marine

Quick Reply: Who Makes The Most Reliable Outboards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.