Future Milestones and Legends >

Future Milestones and Legends

Notices

Future Milestones and Legends

Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Future Milestones and Legends

I have really enjoyed reading Brownies thread about milestones in boat design and the people behind them.

These great developments took place back in the 60's through 70's. What do you consider the milestones in boat design and people behind them of the 90's through today?

I'll start with propulsion. 500+HP engines and outdrives that are reliable for production boats were thought not possible back in the 60's and 70's
Old 10-14-2007, 11:29 AM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Bravo drive for the begining of affordable performance boating in the late 80's.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tommy at Chief and Keith Eickert are innovators in the marine industry
Old 10-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you REALLY want to learn about the history of fiberglass boat building and the evolution of fiberglass, you should read "Heart of Glass" by Daniel Spurr. Fiberglass Boats and the Men Who Made Them. Great reading and factual information without needless sarcasm and prejudice.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
If you REALLY want to learn about the history of fiberglass boat building and the evolution of fiberglass, you should read "Heart of Glass" by Daniel Spurr. Fiberglass Boats and the Men Who Made Them. Great reading and factual information without needless sarcasm and prejudice.
hummm...ok I will look for that book, but I do not see any issues with this thread. I thought I'd start this thread as the next step from Brownie's awesome thread. There have been a lot of great developments in the 90's and 2000's.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
hummm...ok I will look for that book, but I do not see any issues with this thread. I thought I'd start this thread as the next step from Brownie's awesome thread. There have been a lot of great developments in the 90's and 2000's.
Didn't mean to imply there are issues with this thread. Information should be gathered from many different sources and the book I recommended is jammed full of interesting facts. It's definitely worth reading.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Ed, thats cool...I guess from the zero responce to this thread that nothing from the 90's till today was a milestone and no legendary people came on to the scene. oh well...
Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going 200 mph in an offshore boat is damned sure a milestone. The technology there is staggering (as are the juevos of the test crews)
Old 10-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I would have to say the "puter"! Which is allowing designs that weren't possible 10-15 years ago. Plus advances on laminates has really help push the industry forward.
Dean
Old 10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
I would have to say the "puter"! Which is allowing designs that weren't possible 10-15 years ago. Plus advances on laminates has really help push the industry forward.
Dean
CFD is also allowing simulations that werent possible years ago. This technolgy is still being developed and may take a while before it is widely utilized by recreational boat builders. http://www.cd-adapco.com/applications/marine.html

Quick Reply: Future Milestones and Legends

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.