Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Diesel High Performance package-Is there Demand? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/172941-diesel-high-performance-package-there-demand.html)

yahoo 11-23-2007 11:43 AM

a friend of mine has 2 in his hurley, nothing but trouble cant get anyone to work on them. mechanical injection big pain in the butt.

Anarchy Powerboats 11-23-2007 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 2332165)
You forgot more BTU's Per Gallon and the off road fuel-pricing advantages also.

Thats right you can run red!

DirtyMoney 11-23-2007 04:06 PM

Well I have been busy this week. I developed a new engine that runs on either fresh or salt water. No need for tanks because it pulls it from the body of water you are running. They weigh 250#'s each, produce 1000hp and cost only $5000 But wait theres more, if you order today you receive the voice shifted F1 10spd transmission and propless drives. Wait that's not all the first 10 orders receive a free joystick control system. That's right everything for $5000 per side or 10 easy payment of $500.

THEJOKER 11-23-2007 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by rbr2328 (Post 2345921)
Well I have been busy this week. I developed a new engine that runs on either fresh or salt water. No need for tanks because it pulls it from the body of water you are running. They weigh 250#'s each, produce 1000hp and cost only $5000 But wait theres more, if you order today you receive the voice shifted F1 10spd transmission and propless drives. Wait that's not all the first 10 orders receive a free joystick control system. That's right everything for $5000 per side or 10 easy payment of $500.

:eek:

LostinBoston 11-23-2007 04:30 PM

Diesel power will always bew heavier then gas becasue of the strength needed for the higher compression. It will also comnsume more of its own power. Diesel performance boats are not out of reach however, but waiting for a diesel to rival gas is not the answer. The answer is better hull design and construction. A boat should be designed for the diesel package to maintain optimum balance otherwise it will not perfrorm correctly. You cannot just stick heavy diesels in the back of a sport boat designed for gassers, it will not work. Some have had success becasue they engineered their boats.
Here is an example of an 80MPH 70ft Diesel powered boat. Designed and built by Mystic Powerboats. it is possible to use the same concept on a smaller boat.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...2_Anguilla.jpg

DirtyMoney 11-23-2007 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by rbr2328 (Post 2345921)

Did I mention the 20 year warranty?

Currently rigging a titanium 60' cat hull with this package. i am hoping to set the new kilo record at 300mph!

Von Bongo 11-23-2007 06:14 PM

I think a constant speed propeller would be of interest.

DirtyMoney 11-23-2007 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by DonziJapan (Post 2346194)
Ya forgot the multi color anti radar stealth paint job:party-smiley-020:

That is a $200 option!

jafo 11-23-2007 11:25 PM

I'll go one up on ya'- for $40K you get two!!!

This new concept boat will feature two high-HP versions of the VW TDI motor, tweaked of course. No problem on the trannies- you get to use the five-speed transaxle right out of the car, clutch pedal included.
This will be coupled up to my new SeaMaster Skippy Drive, that runs and looks like a conventional IO at low speeds.... BUT, the shafts all straighten out at speed to run like a surface-piercer. I'll have a concept boat at the Nigerian Engineering, Boat, and Fishing show next month, so be sure to be there and get a first look and test drive.
Patents all pending, of course........:cool-smiley-011:

DirtyMoney 11-23-2007 11:46 PM

It sounds like the competition is going to be tough.