Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any info on accident/boat near MM 166 on Fla turnpike.? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173066-any-info-accident-boat-near-mm-166-fla-turnpike.html)

Queenie 11-12-2007 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 2333338)
My accident happend on Wednesday night on I-75. I-75 was closed for a while. Blew a tire on the trailer, ended up in the ditch, boat, trailer, car flipped. Missed the run. Boat, car, trailer in "hospital". We are OK.
Devistaing day though. :( :(.. We drove down on Friday night for the festivities anyway.
Thanks the members of OSO, FPC, PR of America, Julie at throttle up. some of the racers, Scater guys, ("merci boucupe" to the French guys) etc, for their kind words and support for my misshap. I hope the other accident victims are OK to.

I'm really sorry to hear that Paradox. Thank goodness you're ok. We'd be bummed too if we lost everything, even if it is replaceable.

tzrider 11-12-2007 04:09 PM

MCracing just stopped by my shop and showed me pics of the accident yesterday. His brand new truck was totaled as was the skater and the trailer. To see the condition of the dump style truck that hit them you'd think no one walked away, thankfully he and his wife are ok. The truck hit the port side rear of the skater breaking both 300xs's and blowing it off the trailer putting it half on the guardrail where it traveled about four hundred feet destroying the bottom. The truck proceeded to run over the trailer and destroying it before continuing on into the side of his f250 in pushing it into a barrier wall and totaling it as well.

Paul

Tony Montana 11-12-2007 04:17 PM

Dam!:( Glad everyone is ok.

tomtbone1993 11-12-2007 04:18 PM

That sucks for both of you guys.....Glad to hear everyone was OK

Mark 11-12-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by tzrider (Post 2333453)
MCracing just stopped by my shop and showed me pics of the accident yesterday. His brand new truck was totaled as was the skater and the trailer. To see the condition of the dump style truck that hit them you'd think no one walked away, thankfully he and his wife are ok. The truck hit the port side rear of the skater breaking both 300xs's and blowing it off the trailer putting it half on the guardrail where it traveled about four hundred feet destroying the bottom. The truck proceeded to run over the trailer and destroying it before continuing on into the side of his f250 in pushing it into a barrier wall and totaling it as well.

Paul

Holy Cow! If the boat / trailer was not back there - they would have been killed! Glad everyone is ok!

TexomaPowerboater 11-12-2007 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 2333519)
Holy Cow! If the boat / trailer was not back there - they would have been killed! Glad everyone is ok!

Just what I was thinking. Really glad everyone is OK.

plumbers crack 11-12-2007 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 2333338)
My accident happend on Wednesday night on I-75. I-75 was closed for a while. Blew a tire on the trailer, ended up in the ditch, boat, trailer, car flipped. Missed the run. Boat, car, trailer in "hospital". We are OK.
Devistaing day though. :( :(.. We drove down on Friday night for the festivities anyway.
Thanks the members of OSO, FPC, PR of America, Julie at throttle up. some of the racers, Scater guys, ("merci boucupe" to the French guys) etc, for their kind words and support for my misshap. I hope the other accident victims are OK to.

That sucks,hope you had fresh underwear! I have had some close calls,im glad you didnt get hurt.You get a pat on the back for continuing down after the accident.I lost a tire and rim once on the way to a poker run in Canada,I thought it might be bad luck so we chased down the tire and rim put it back on the trailer and continued to the poker run.My hunch was right the morning of the poker run my brand new dually was stolen from outside the hotel(never Found)thank god for insurance.Could always be worse,keep going f.....It !!

TeamSaris 11-12-2007 05:44 PM

The boat is trashed.There is pics on S&F.Glad everyone is ok.

Audiofn 11-12-2007 06:35 PM

That is sad to hear about your boat but you can always get a new one. Glad you guys are all ok!!!!

Jon

CigDaze 11-12-2007 07:03 PM

Wow. Unreal. Glad everyone made it out okay.