Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thank You Sydwayz (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173228-thank-you-sydwayz.html)

Hot Duck 11-14-2007 10:26 AM

Thank You Sydwayz

3 Attachment(s)
While we were in Key West Sydwayz hooked us up with a demo run in an Active Thunder. I had never checked one out up close, but I have to say that it was an incredible boat and I was thoroughly impressed. The cabin had all the amenities of a condo and the boat still ran like a raped ape. It handled seas from all directions with ease (no tabs and no real input or corrections from the driver) and we saw mid to upper 80's even on the flat water inside near the harbor. Once they get that thing dialed in it is going to be an absolute rocket. Thank you Sydwayz!

Stormrider 11-14-2007 10:45 AM

will they take a 45 apache on trade????

Sydwayz 11-14-2007 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Hot Duck (Post 2335449)
While we were in Key West Sydwayz hooked us up with a demo run in an Active Thunder. I had never checked one out up close, but I have to say that it was an incredible boat and I was thoroughly impressed. The cabin had all the amenities of a condo and the boat still ran like a raped ape. It handled seas from all directions with ease (no tabs and no real input or corrections from the driver) and we saw mid to upper 80's even on the flat water inside near the harbor. Once they get that thing dialed in it is going to be an absolute rocket. Thank you Sydwayz!

My pleasure! The last boat with this power package has seen 105+ as tested by Poker Runs America with more options (heavier). The props for this one were damaged in transit, and had to be sent out to be banged out at the last minute. They are all over the rev limiters at 94 MPH; and the boat only had 1 hour on it when it headed to Key West. It still has some more interior work to be done before customer delivery (6th bolster, trim pieces, lexan, etc; and its Powerboat test next month. We ran back to Ft. Lauderdale in 6-8s with occasional 10s on Monday afternoon, and did not get ONE DROP of water in the boat when running; and I can assure your that is no BS.

Will it was great to meet you; and above all else I enjoyed the conversation. "The Driver" aka Pat, sends his regards too! :D

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2335471)
will they take a 45 apache on trade????

With pleasure, but probably not required! As I understand it, a deal is pending, with another on deck.

dreamboater 11-14-2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2335485)
My pleasure! The last boat with this power package has seen 105+ as tested by Poker Runs America with more options (heavier). The props for this one were damaged in transit, and had to be sent out to be banged out at the last minute. They are all over the rev limiters at 94 MPH; and the boat only had 1 hour on it when it headed to Key West. It still has some more interior work to be done before customer delivery (6th bolster, trim pieces, lexan, etc; and its Powerboat test next month. We ran back to Ft. Lauderdale in 6-8s with occasional 10s on Monday afternoon, and did not get ONE DROP of water in the boat when running; and I can assure your that is no BS.

Will it was great to meet you; and above all else I enjoyed the conversation. "The Driver" aka Pat, sends his regards too! :D

With pleasure, but probably not required! As I understand it, a deal is pending, with another on deck.

6-8's, occasional 10's???? WTF? If you consider in person a wave looks to be 2 x's the measured height...either those waves were 1/2 that size or you guys are crazy. Thats a serious wave! Cool boat Brian.

Sydwayz 11-14-2007 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by dreamboater (Post 2335541)
6-8's, occasional 10's???? WTF? If you consider in person a wave looks to be 2 x's the measured height...either those waves were 1/2 that size or you guys are crazy. Thats a serious wave! Cool boat Brian.

I have to admit, they did not look that big when we were running. We came off plane about 1 mile from the Ft. Lauderdale inlet, so Pat could take a break for his throttle arm.

As SOON as we came off plane, we had an 8 footer break over the SB side of the bow; and there were a couple that felt like we were driving up the side of a dumptruck. It drenched Pat's wife Diane and myself; so much so that I had to change clothes in the taxi on the way to the airport. Those were not my size estimates, they were Pat's and Jay's. It was a SPECTACULAR run. Pat drives his boats VERY well.

Clark and Justin, both in 37's and Jeff in his 43' Nor-Tech all ran the same water.

Stormrider 11-14-2007 12:43 PM

This boat have a cabin liner?

Sydwayz 11-14-2007 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2335603)
This boat have a cabin liner?

Yes, it does; with carbon fiber door panels and counter tops. More pics will surface soon.

sellsman11 11-14-2007 01:44 PM

Does it have kill switches and lanyards??:D:D:D

tomtbone1993 11-14-2007 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2335689)
Does it have kill switches and lanyards??:D:D

:hitfan::cool-smiley-027::cool-smiley-027

slboatdrinks 11-14-2007 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh no, they didn't dock it next to a blow boater...:eek::eek: