38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Notices

38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Old 11-17-2007, 10:18 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I agree 100% except in this case the post was written by OSO Steve who has had several Powerplays (2 of which were 38's). Steve is extremely fair when giving his opinion on the boards.
Well, what does Steve drive now???? I rest my case!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 11-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
Well with 12/13 in existence you could argue that the PP maybe tough to come by..................

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...t=38+Powerplay
See Post #8
Old 11-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

If PP was still in business and things did not go down the way that they did I bet he would still have a Power Play over the Top Gun. I've owned a older SS TG, been there done that, thank god for the twin step TG, which is an excellent boat.

I've ridden in a 38PP, actually tried to buy one after I sold Radio Active. Beautiful boat from top to bottom..A better boat at the time (04) but not now comparibly and not for the price. Let's just say I didnt feel comfortable at the time with Dan, and my assumptions were right. It also was 122k more with Identicle power/drives than my A.T. Anyways the 38 PP is not a 38, it actually is more like a 39+, and is larger than many boats to date of boats in it's same size. When you are able to put them side by side in the water you will see what I'm talking about. It is definately heavier, and the way the hull/step was designed goes through the waves yeilding a somewhat softer ride than other boats mentioned in this thread.

Bottom line everyone is going to buy what they feel fit's their application. All boats have different attitudes with different types of water. All I can say is a few companies have really improved over the last few years where some have been there a few years ahead. Take out the fancy paint jobs, the eye candy B.S....check out the rigging, engine compartments, and wiring behind dash. Check out the stitching, padding, and so on...I meen look, CLOSELY, not a once over cause your excited just getting a ride, look at the boat as if your going to own it a lifetime, or bring someone along who knows their stuff...then I say buy what ever fits you best..BUT..take the time to drive them all, don't listen to half the chest beating that goes on here on OSO. What ever you buy, I wish you luck, and enjoy it, cause I sure love boating and all the wonderful things it has done to my family and friensds. Jeff
Old 11-18-2007, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

OSO
Administrators

I like them all!!
Re: Black 38 Powerplay could be yours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwestern
Damn It, someone buy my ride!

Steve, did it eat up that calm lake water in Chicago last weekend?

Well 60 boats left the dock and only 15 or so made it to the first card stop. The rest turned around because it was too rough. The Powerplay was one of the ones that made it.

The boat is an absolute wave crusher and I put it up against any twin step of its size.

And yes the Plasma TV was still hanging on the wall at the end of the run which is more than I can say for several of the other boats that fell apart.

The boat is owned by three business partners of which only one of them can drive it. Differences in opinion of how the boat shoud be used (business vs pleasure) forces sale.

I would buy the boat myself but I already have two others.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
OSO
Administrators

I like them all!!
Re: Black 38 Powerplay could be yours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwestern
Damn It, someone buy my ride!

Steve, did it eat up that calm lake water in Chicago last weekend?

Well 60 boats left the dock and only 15 or so made it to the first card stop. The rest turned around because it was too rough. The Powerplay was one of the ones that made it.

The boat is an absolute wave crusher and I put it up against any twin step of its size.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
If PP was still in business and things did not go down the way that they did I bet he would still have a Power Play over the Top Gun. I've owned a older SS TG, been there done that, thank god for the twin step TG, which is an excellent boat.

I've ridden in a 38PP, actually tried to buy one after I sold Radio Active. Beautiful boat from top to bottom..A better boat at the time (04) but not now comparibly and not for the price. Let's just say I didnt feel comfortable at the time with Dan, and my assumptions were right. It also was 122k more with Identicle power/drives than my A.T. Anyways the 38 PP is not a 38, it actually is more like a 39+, and is larger than many boats to date of boats in it's same size. When you are able to put them side by side in the water you will see what I'm talking about. It is definately heavier, and the way the hull/step was designed goes through the waves yeilding a somewhat softer ride than other boats mentioned in this thread.

Bottom line everyone is going to buy what they feel fit's their application. All boats have different attitudes with different types of water. All I can say is a few companies have really improved over the last few years where some have been there a few years ahead. Take out the fancy paint jobs, the eye candy B.S....check out the rigging, engine compartments, and wiring behind dash. Check out the stitching, padding, and so on...I meen look, CLOSELY, not a once over cause your excited just getting a ride, look at the boat as if your going to own it a lifetime, or bring someone along who knows their stuff...then I say buy what ever fits you best..BUT..take the time to drive them all, don't listen to half the chest beating that goes on here on OSO. What ever you buy, I wish you luck, and enjoy it, cause I sure love boating and all the wonderful things it has done to my family and friensds. Jeff
Is there a boat that you have not been in?

38PP - The last hull ever made!
Attached Thumbnails 38? The Best Ride In The Rough-p8270542.jpg   38? The Best Ride In The Rough-p8270545.jpg   38? The Best Ride In The Rough-p8270557.jpg  

Old 11-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Is there a boat that you have not been in?

38PP - The last hull ever made!
John,

Post what that boat looked like when it was finished by Wayne/Joe!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Sydwayz, why does every post you make about AT sound like "Skippy Slick Promotions"? LOL
I am a little excitable at times. Its hard not to be enthusiastic about a product that really works, but its not just the product. The "cult" is the best part about it.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-18-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
John,

Post what that boat looked like when it was finished by Wayne/Joe!
13 months later, just a few weeks before they started making the molds.
Attached Thumbnails 38? The Best Ride In The Rough-pics-before-moldings-003.jpg   38? The Best Ride In The Rough-pics-before-moldings-006.jpg   38? The Best Ride In The Rough-pics-before-moldings-010.jpg  

Old 11-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
13 months later, just a few weeks before they started making the molds.
No I meant the one where it is leaving the factory on the trailer.................1/2 at a time

Quick Reply: 38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.