Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38? The Best Ride In The Rough (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173237-38-best-ride-rough.html)

Jassman 11-18-2007 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 2339918)
Originally Posted by Mentalpause >>>>
Then 10 months after that....

Jeff J has been in this boat too - so like I said - is there any boat he has not ridden in?

Ever been in an Avanti? I am courious what he/(and others) would say..

Never been in one, or had the opportunity to check them out.

PARADOX 11-18-2007 09:02 PM

Actually the Avanti is very similar to the AT's. At least up to the years AT put a step in the hull.
If you look at the Avanti deck and hull almost identical to the AT. Some interior and winshield areas are slightly different.
AT's have hatch in the middle, Avantis on sides.
Even the instrument panel mold is the same.
I don't know who cloned who, but I like AT's and Avantis, so no matter. (and Hustlers, Cigs. Nortechs, Formulas. and a few others. lol) THis Avanti is pretty well shot to hell, due to a car/boat accident a few weeks ago. Just before KW. I have yet to finalize ins. issues, then who knows what my options will be, so I'm glued to this thread to see the comments about the rides.:ernaehrung004:

vette131 11-18-2007 09:15 PM

i saw the 38 pp with #6's on boxes in key west, nice boat!!!

Jassman 11-18-2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by vette131 (Post 2340517)

CAN'T TOUCH THIS....Boat does around 118 mph. I believe it now has 1300-1400hp. Tried to catch up to it at Key West, just never got the chance. Beautiful boat.

Mentalpause 11-19-2007 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2340589)
CAN'T TOUCH THIS....Boat does around 118 mph. I believe it now has 1300-1400hp. Tried to catch up to it at Key West, just never got the chance. Beautiful boat.

Time for you to repower!:evilb:

I'll buy your engines and drives....:drink:

BillR 11-19-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2339899)
Just for the record, I do not get any $$$ from Pat or Active Thunder. I'm into it because I get a kick out it.

If you don't work for them, then why does your signature state "Active Thunder Factory Rep"? :confused:
Or are you one of those really weird groupie/cult guys? LOL :drink: :evilb:

Jupiter Sunsation 11-19-2007 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by vette131 (Post 2340517)

That boat is a weapon! Boat runs hard and is ridiculously loud! John the owner posts on here as Canttouchthis and is a cool guy.

Sydwayz 11-19-2007 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by BillR (Post 2341689)
If you don't work for them, then why does your signature state "Active Thunder Factory Rep"? :confused:
Or are you one of those really weird groupie/cult guys? LOL :drink: :evilb:

My last post on this subject:
I am contractually obligated to one position which pays my bills. Boating is a passion, and I like keeping it that way. I enjoy what I do with & for AT. I'm not out to make a buck on AT; nor come across that way. I'd change my signature to say Active Thunder Sales Rep. if that was the case.
I'm not here for a long time; I'm here for a good time. :cool-smiley-011:

vette131 11-19-2007 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2341752)
That boat is a weapon! Boat runs hard and is ridiculously loud! John the owner posts on here as Canttouchthis and is a cool guy.

his boat is sick!! I was curious about having boxes on a step bottom boat with #6's it must work but it was unusual. awsome boat!!

BillR 11-20-2007 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2341838)
My last post on this subject:
I am contractually obligated to one position which pays my bills. Boating is a passion, and I like keeping it that way. I enjoy what I do with & for AT. I'm not out to make a buck on AT; nor come across that way. I'd change my signature to say Active Thunder Sales Rep. if that was the case.
I'm not here for a long time; I'm here for a good time. :cool-smiley-011:

:chill-pill: You know I'm just f***ing with ya. Just like you all are doing on the Active Cult (LOL) forum. :drink: :chimp: