38? The Best Ride In The Rough >

38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Notices

38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Old 11-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Sorry to hear about your AVanti.What year is it?Our 27 is a 185 built like a brick s h i t house.

Ohh ya When the 388 Hustler raced F2 it was unbeatable.Rough or calm there still some of the fastest vees out there
The Avanti was 2002, 33’ with 496 Mag HO’s This senorita just ate up the rough seas at Destin and Sarasota. A bit slower than most 33’s, and could have used some more HP.
There is a lot of good stuff on this thread. See my thread “Help with boat choice”
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=173857
Some are a bit bias here with their comments due the boat they own. It’s ok. I would be and I am also.
However, I am looking for some value to performance, year to, model input, due to the selections and year/models available.
I know how most of these boats ride and handle the seas.
For Ex. What’s a better “deal /value” ? 2001, Hustler 34 for $99M or 2003 Cig. 35 for $130M ??

BTW hold on that the Avanti. They will be making them again in Fla.

P

Last edited by PARADOX; 11-23-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Depends on who is throttling
Not really. If your going new seriously check out Sutphen. It will eat these other boats up in the ruff!!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Registered

39 Kryptonite will run well in the rough stuff
How would you know?? They've built like one and its in Md.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PT-109
I whould agree with you if you could keep it strait and stable
The new 40 runs awesome and fast!!
Old 11-24-2007, 07:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Not really. If your going new seriously check out Sutphen. It will eat these other boats up in the ruff!!

That's probably why they dominated the sport in the 70's and 80's.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:44 AM
BRD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Anytime!! When it's good it's good!

I thought I remember seeing some video of the other boats running that you were talking about. I think they were posted once before but I couldn't find it on you tube.

I think they show all 4 in the full length dvd from Smoke ... I'll hafta check it out again now to make sure .
Old 11-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
How would you know?? They've built like one and its in Md.
Kirk wouldnt build a boat that didnt run well in rough water, or calm for that matter.This would be like me saying a 46 Cigarette would run well in rough water, Ive never ridden in one but,its a Cigarette.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRD
No ballast tank ... We had Mr. Nykamp in the boat thats all ... No really , Actually .... That was the first time I had that boat in any rough water to speak of and I was really just trying to feel it out .... I was running WAY too much tab there at that part of the run, and running about 5 -10 mph too slow as well ... and if you notice at the beginning of the video I've got the boat leaning way too the port , again my bad , had my hands full with it getting it all sorted out , and as fate would have it , right when the camera was rolling ... Too bad we didn't see the chopper on the return leg heading back to GH , as I redeemed myself on that leg ! Gotta say , that may have been the most intense run I've ever had in a poker run on the return leg ... was us , Parnell in his 41 , just killin it I might add ... Mike Vorce in WickedWon ... and Mark Peters in my old triple engine 41 aka "The Destroyer" .... that thing just eats rough water .... made me look like a hero many many times on Lake Erie ...anyway ... Those 4 boats were going at it back and forth , neck and neck , changing leads .... We'd go way up and sky one ... then we'd stay down in a trough ... and one or two of the others would go way up , and all you'd see was the bottoms and a big roar and a splash ..... Man !!!!

Yeah .... maybe I better not sell this one !??!?!?

Yeah what he said!!!! My arm hurt after that run. Kudos to Jerry's wife for holding on and yelling at him to go faster. Funnest stretch in a poker run ever for me Go Saber NK

Quick Reply: 38? The Best Ride In The Rough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.