Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder? >

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Notices

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Old 11-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Classy post, way to stand behind your product!

I'd like to go for a ride sometime when I'm down that way. Funny you should mention Apache..... (here goes this thread!!)....by all of the cheerleading that goes on, one would think that you've already outdone them!!!

Craig
Come to the 2008 Jammin' On The James Poker Run. AT is a sponsor of the run again, and there will be another fleet of ATs.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I
. I also believe that you become some kind of cult member when you buy an AT
Thats funny right there Its more of a family that are very proud of there boats
Old 11-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Masher, PM Jassman. He's owned about everything including the 37 AT "Radio Active". He will give you the straight, unbiased skinny on them. I'll never be in a position to own their 33', which right now is one of my favorite boats, but a 28' AT is on my short list to own once my boy is through college.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
It's a very interesting thread you've started.

25 years ago I sat on a dockside bar in Pompano Beach (the Sands) with my wife, watching the Apaches drive by and we dreamed of owning a boat like that.

15 years ago when I started AT I would have never imagined my boats would be in the running with the Cigs, etc....

What a compliment!

I can only respond with one simple statement:

Please come to Fort Lauderdale and give me the privilage to take you out for a ride. I give you my word that when we get back to the docks you will look at me and say:

"That was amazing!"

Then, and only then, will you see the difference.

Anytime you are in my neck of the woods, Call me!

Pat
954-658-4972
I've been looking at the ATs for some time now, headed to lauderdale in FEB, I need arrange plant tour, would love more info on the boats.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Registered

I was down in ft. Lauderdale in April. I stopped by to see Pat and he was out at the time. The guy there took me on a little tour and everyone I spoke to was very nice. Seemed like great people and when I get the funds AT will be at the top of my list
Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple of pics. showing how level they ride. Notice the drives are trimmed up and no tab being used.
Attached Thumbnails What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?-_mg_6162_temp-large-.jpg   What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?-_mg_5562_temp-large-.jpg  
Old 11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

We visited Pat's place back in February. He was a gracious host, stopped doing what he was doing and allowed us to look at several boats he had there and made us feel welcome. We spent 1.5 hours there and he spent most of that time with us.

We've also talked with of the guys who own them about owning an AT. Even though we just purchased an Apache a few months ago, we're still going to find someone to take us on a ride one day, because we hear nothing but good about them.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

The cult thing is true. It’s is because once you own an AT you don’t really want to get into another V-hull. When I bought my 2007 37 last year, I like Macklin was going to buy a 38 or 39 Top Gun. To this day that is the only other V-hull I would consider. If you want to compare boats, defiantly compare the 37 AT to the 38 and 39 TG. There are very comparable boats. Now, I am a very different client because I have been around AT since Pat started it 15 years ago. My dad bought his first 32.

Here is my .02 on the AT and how it relates to a TG. FYI- I am not bashing the TG. I have a lot of respect for Skip and Neal, the brand and the product. The TG is one of my favorite boats and ranks in my top 3 V hulls produced today. The handling and rough water capability is better than the 38TG and even better than the 39 in my experience. One reason for this is the design of the patented AVH hull. The other is weight. Cash Bar has told me on numerous occasion that the AT is the best riding V-hull he has ever been in. My AT with full cabin (frig, AC, microwave, wood trim, full head) weighs in at 10.5K lbs. The Top gun weighs in at 9.3K lbs, that greater than a 10% difference. The speeds are similar. My 525 EFI boat runs between 86-90 mph depending on props and load. I see 87 constantly with 3/4 to full tanks with a pair of 32.5 labbed bravos or 28.5 labbed maximus props. The 700SCI AT runs 105+ and the 39 TG runs 105+ (I have seen test at 107mph). Cabin amenities and options are much better in the AT versus the Top Gun. The AT Construction in my opinion is better because there is no wood in the boat, Cig uses some wood. Fit and finishes, is comparable. Interior design is slightly better in the TG, dash is more functional in the AT. The TG has more bling factor as mentioned above but only by about 5%. Freeboard is slightly better in the AT. The 39 TG is a better set up for maintenance than the side by side of AT, however the staggered set up does not work on the AT hull design. It actually adversely affects performance and handling. Skip and Neal build 70- 80 boats a year and AT builds 12 right now and will build about 18-24 when the new 43 comes out sometime next year. So the attention and support you get from the factory as an owner is second to none. Because of its limited productions you won’t see 15 at every poker run which makes them very unique.

Look for more from AT this year around performance reviews in the major publications and at the major poker runs. The new 43 will also be out sometime in 2008!
Attached Thumbnails What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?-img_0239-large-.jpg   What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?-tpa-poker-run-004-large-.jpg  

Last edited by crb76; 11-16-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered

So from the comments on here, it is safe to assume that the AT is in the same all around class as a 39 Gun?

That in itself is a MAJOR statement. For any boat to be bumping into the OL and Cigs is something that I didnt think would happen.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
So from the comments on here, it is safe to assume that the AT is in the same all around class as a 39 Gun?

That in itself is a MAJOR statement. For any boat to be bumping into the OL and Cigs is something that I didnt think would happen.
It is true and the best kept secret in performance boating is getting out. Keep watching for the 43, its going to be a thing of beauty, I have seen the plug being built and it is a work of art.

Quick Reply: What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.