Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder? >

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Notices

What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Old 11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about re-sale value? Relatively equal?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

No one will believe this but historically better. A used one sells for the dollars as a same year used 38 Top Gun. The reason for this is because a new 37 AT sells for about 20% less than a new 38 top gun, so you don’t have a big of a hit off the top. With that said, right now is not the best time to sell any used hi-performance boat. Secondary market is soft for everything.

Last edited by crb76; 11-16-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crb76
A used one sells for the dollars as a same year used 38 Top Gun. .
So are you saying a 2004 AT will sell for the same price as a 2004 TG or are you saying as a percentage of original cost?

If it's the former I have to call BS on that, if the latter that could be possible.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 175 Posts

Not sure how you can put them in the same class as cigarette if they don't have a presence on the race course. I think they make a great boat, but I judge boats by how they stand the test of time. I wouldn't put the older AT's in the same class as cigarette, maybe the newer ones, but again........the test of time. Can you really compare a company thats been around for a couple of years to one thats been around since the beginning, without waiting for the test of time.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 11-16-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Not sure how you can put them in the same class as cigarette if they don't have a presence on the race course. I think they make a great boat, but I judge boats by how they stand the test of time. I wouldn't put the older AT's in the same class as cigarette, maybe the newer ones, but again........the test of time. Can you really compare a company thats been around for a couple of years to one thats been around since the beginning, without waiting for the test of time.
Huh?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Where would you put OL?

AT is at the top of my short.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I can relate to your theory, however I have seen several owners at Cig since I've owned AT. And, for the history books, AT originated in 1988. I became involve in 1994.

Smaller company, yes, but we were on the ground floor of Factory Class racing the first year and subsequent years with 3 F-1 boats followed by an F-2 in 1999 and then Outlaw, a 37 in 2002 that ran almost 4 years with no failures. Ironically Outlaw is retired and has #6 drives powered with 1200s in the original, unworked hull.

Lastly, I was on the Factory Class advisory board at origination as well. I became disillusioned when I realized we had to cheat to win and that was an acceptable practice. Unfortunately just not my style.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:16 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

The only thing i see on the race course is REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE and REGGIE.
There are a few (probably count on 1 hand) other brands.
And I wouldn't put a REGGIE up to the class with Cigs and A.T.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

OuterLimits has been in business since late of 93 and I believe their first boat was a 95. They definately have proven themselves, with a great customer base, as well as racing. Just because Cigarette, has been building and racing boats till the end of time does not make it everything they have done gospel. I owned one of six 2000 single step top guns, and It was the worst boat I've owned, cosmetically, and let me tell you, the worst riding boat Ive ever owned. Dangerouse at 40 mph turns. I wont go on. Skip has done well with the new product, and it shows. Other co. like AT over the last few years have really excelled. Proof was going and coming back with them from The Key West PR. Great riding hull, lands level, and the latest ones by my book are excellent for the coin, and I own a 43 Nortech, I just call it like it is. Jeff
Old 11-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered

You gotta be kidding right?

Quick Reply: What is the REAL deal on Active Thunder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.